Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Front bumper vents

Crossefire00

Reaction score
I have an LX and I want to wrap or paint the front bumper side vents, (they are silver in all other trims but body color matched in the LX) does anybody know how to remove them from the bumper?
If you use Plastidip, you won't need to remove them at all. I can fully explain why but it's probably best to check out DipYourCar - World Famous Peelable Auto Paint as they have all of the info you'll need. I've used this product on badging and rims in the past with very good results. It's easy to deal with.

Kingpaco

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve thought about plastidip but because of the area where these vents are I don’t feel like it’s going to hold up too well. Chips, bugs, road grime etc. I’d rather wrap them but I also don’t feel like taking down the bumper to remove these. I might give the plastidip a try.. maybe apply glossifier too.

Crossefire00

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve thought about plastidip but because of the area where these vents are I don’t feel like it’s going to hold up too well. Chips, bugs, road grime etc. I’d rather wrap them but I also don’t feel like taking down the bumper to remove these. I might give the plastidip a try.. maybe apply glossifier too.
Make sure you go a minimum of 5 coats of Plastidip. Preferably 6 or 7. Don't worry, it's not going to seem thick but the extra coats do wonders for durability. I've had it on my rims for 4 years and it just started to chip a bit in the last year. Best part is, if it chips, you just peel it off and apply again. It comes off really easily by peeling and anything left with GooGone. Good luck whichever route you take.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.