Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Front licence plate mounting options

loweboy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just wondering how those of you who are forced to run with the front plates have them mounted ?

I take delivery on Monday (April 29 ) and was considering telling the dealer to wait until I have a no-drill plate mount ($$$) or figure the best place to drill ( ugh )

Please include pics if you have them and details

Thanks

Mr White

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

Not the best picture, poor lighting in the garage. This is how my SX came, which is good because my state requires front plates.

loweboy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Any idea how it is fastened? Drilled holes in the bumper?
I suppose it’s a proper bracket designed by Kia, looks good.
Thanks

Last edited:

TellurideLI

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There is another post for the front license plate where I posted a photo of 3 drill hole locations on the front bumper. I would like to assume that the dealer used these for installation.

loweboy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks for your help all , I will be there tomorrow to “help” the dealer decide , hehe
If they have the similar bracket , I will approve

EROCK

Reaction score
Yes, drilled into bumper, but looks ok. I’ve given up and keep front plates on as it’s a fixit ticket here in CA
Hi Tim, another Cali resident here...I’ve never had front plates on my cars and was thinking about taking this off to clean it up..never had many issues with fix it tickets ..just 1 time while parked on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood many many years ago. Have you seen under the mount? Is it possible to put tiny black plastic caps to fill the drill holes?

Thanks!

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi Tim, another Cali resident here...I’ve never had front plates on my cars and was thinking about taking this off to clean it up..never had many issues with fix it tickets ..just 1 time while parked on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood many many years ago. Have you seen under the mount? Is it possible to put tiny black plastic caps to fill the drill holes?

Thanks!
I don’t know how big the screw holes are but I’d imagine that they are not too bad and can be plugged. I’ve received 2 of them (one in Silverlake and one on the toll road). For me it’s just not worth the hassle.

EROCK

Reaction score

Thanks!
Oh no!! The toll road?? I might just keep it then..at least I got black plates comin haha 🤘🏼Cheers, thanks!

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh no!! The toll road?? I might just keep it then..at least I got black plates comin haha 🤘🏼Cheers, thanks!
I think that the Toll Road is becoming more strict regarding plates due to photo tolling. I bought the below black frames for mine. They look good and blend in.

Plus they’re only 12-ish bucks!!

Crossefire00

Reaction score

jgmoore50

Reaction score
Can anyone that has the solid front tag mount tell me what dealership you purchased your Telluride from? I would like to get in touch with them and see if I can get a part number to order one. My husband is a 100% disabled vet and we have to have a tag on the front here in Georgia.

Crossefire00

Reaction score
Can anyone that has the solid front tag mount tell me what dealership you purchased your Telluride from? I would like to get in touch with them and see if I can get a part number to order one. My husband is a 100% disabled vet and we have to have a tag on the front here in Georgia.
I haven't received mine as of yet but my dealership is located in Maryland where we must have a front tag. I saw a new owner picking his up the other day and it did have the front tag holder installed. The dealership is Jones Kia. This is the number to their parts department (888-757-9684). Jones is a multi-manufacturer dealership so I'm not sure if that's the Kia parts number or the main parts number for the Jones dealerships. Either way, I think you can get to the right person from there. Good luck and thank you and your husband for your service.

jgmoore50

Reaction score
I haven't received mine as of yet but my dealership is located in Maryland where we must have a front tag. I saw a new owner picking his up the other day and it did have the front tag holder installed. The dealership is Jones Kia. This is the number to their parts department (888-757-9684). Jones is a multi-manufacturer dealership so I'm not sure if that's the Kia parts number or the main parts number for the Jones dealerships. Either way, I think you can get to the right person from there. Good luck and thank you and your husband for your service.
Thanks, I'll give them a try.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!