No soliciting permitted.

Fuel gauge AND speedometer don’t work

JRindin

Reaction score
Randomly when I start the telluride the fuel gauge shows empty and both the speedometer and fuel gauge sort of twitch. When I start to move, the speedometer remains at zero. Both the analog and digital. Eventually they both come to life.
Familiar to anyone?

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Randomly when I start the telluride the fuel gauge shows empty and both the speedometer and fuel gauge sort of twitch. When I start to move, the speedometer remains at zero. Both the analog and digital. Eventually they both come to life.
Familiar to anyone?
Welcome! Moving this out of the forum lounge. :)

YAH DEF

Reaction score
Familiar to anyone?
Sounds like an electrical issue. Have you had your battery tested?

CoriL

Reaction score
Something similar happened to us a few months ago! We were right around 4000 miles. Solely speedometers - I stopped & turned off engine x 2, then said f it and continued down interstate x 2-3 ish hrs. Stopped for a lunch break (1 hr ish?) and started her again & all back to normal. Hasn’t happened since & we’re just over 10000 miles now.
This did occur shortly after that recall for the towing models & the brake lights while towing - I can’t recall specifics, but I think they changed some wiring around. The very helpful service guy I talked to at Edmonds thought it may just have been loose electrical from the recent service.

Tellthemride

Reaction score