No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

GAS MILEAGE

Jdrn21

Reaction score
So with the engine properly broken in and with almost 6k miles of driving in the books, I am getting an overall MPG average of close to 30. Holy crapsticks! That's almost DOUBLE what I got with the two previous X5s I had. And this is for an 8 seater SUV! Amazing! 🇰🇷
I got 30 on a recent road trip. Amazing!

bmkt

Reaction score
According to the display, getting about 16 which is bothersome. SX AWD, 500 miles. Next time I fill up I'm going to do this the manual paper way and see if the display is adding up right. Anyone else seeing low MPGs?

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
According to the display, getting about 16 which is bothersome. SX AWD, 500 miles. Next time I fill up I'm going to do this the manual paper way and see if the display is adding up right. Anyone else seeing low MPGs?
Have you reset every mpg tracker in your Telluride?

DRK

Reaction score
SX AWD. 23.7 mpg for about 3600 miles for 10 weeks.
It varies a lot depending on driving highway vs city.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Give it more time, your engine needs more breaking in!

emj123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't get how close to 30 mpg is even remotely possible. (no offense). I only have about 2500 miles and yes, I have a lead foot, but I get like 18 mpg overall.

ga1322

Reaction score
Wow if I was getting 18 I’d return it! That’s nowhere near projections. I average 29 in town. Don’t take it on the interstate much but on a trip when it was brand new I got over 30

Curtadamwill

Reaction score
On the display it says I’m getting around 26 mpg average. I also divide how many miles for the the tank with how many gallons I pump. After doing this it is around 24mpg average. It seems to me that the display reads 2 mpg extra at each fill up. I have close to 5000 miles.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BocaBill

Reaction score
If your driving in Sport mode (tranny) than it will have less MPGs. Try ECO mode. I've been using Comfort mode and it's about 23 mpg. We're planning a long road trip later this month and will try out ECO.

emj123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If your driving in Sport mode (tranny) than it will have less MPGs. Try ECO mode. I've been using Comfort mode and it's about 23 mpg. We're planning a long road trip later this month and will try out ECO.
THIS seems realistic.

Tubaman

Reaction score
There are 2 mileage settings. One per trip and one overall cumulative. Careful on that point. 22.9 but a lot of short trips. 2 mpg less than previous Lexus nx200t, but regular instead of premium.

NDTELLI

Reaction score
I have sxp with awd. I have 550 miles on it now. Took it for 400 miles of interstate driving averaging 75-80mph on sport mode. Got about 24 mpg. Last 200 miles were a lot of up hill driving.