No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Georgia Plant shutting down due to Coronavirus .........................

Sheila

Reaction score
Hmmmm.....mine is being built as we speak. The VIN# should pop up on the VIN Lookup Site this Friday but the final inspection is scheduled April 1 with and ETA of April 12. Wonder if mine is going to get stuck waiting for an inspection until they open back up in three weeks.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
Read between the lines folks....they already had shut-down planned to get ready for 2021 models between April 6 and 10. That means limited impact to planned production for the year. I suspect they are timing this to kill two birds with one stone. They can disinfect the plant - which won't take the entire two weeks and then do the planned plant updates.

The 2021's are coming!

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Read between the lines folks....they already had shut-down planned to get ready for 2021 models between April 6 and 10. That means limited impact to planned production for the year. I suspect they are timing this to kill two birds with one stone. They can disinfect the plant - which won't take the entire two weeks and then do the planned plant updates.

The 2021's are coming!
They can disinfect all they want , without parts and the impact of the virus spread , they wont reopen in 2 weeks ......................

vtjaylaw

Reaction score
So if they are cutting over equipment early April does that mean any outstanding accepted orders will convert to 21's?

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
supply chains around the world are completely hammered ...............................in more categories than just cars ! Read the stock market news and the most significant impacts ......................
Yes - I understand that this is happening all over the world...but specific to the Telluride. So far - production has not been impacted by suppliers. If anything - during the two week shut down - supplies will continue to roll in. They will be stocked up and ready to go come April 13th.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes - I understand that this is happening all over the world...but specific to the Telluride. So far - production has not been impacted by suppliers. If anything - during the two week shut down - supplies will continue to roll in. They will be stocked up and ready to go come April 13th.
[/QUOT

OK , lets see , but from my perspective the Telly has parts coming from at least a dozen countries and companies , .................this virus is shutting down several facilities and Kia will not open without parts OR willing employees .................
maybe they will have everything fixed for Easter !!

Last edited:
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Soonerhawk

Reaction score
I am kind of pissed because the KIA company lost my order. The dealer caught it and they requested a exception for us so we do not get stuck at the back of the bus. My estimated delivery was going to be May 31st. If my order had not been lost, I probably would have had a better chance of getting it in April. Now with the shut down I do not look for it until late June. Sucks waiting 6 plus months for a vehicle. I do not believe they will reopen the plant before the end of April. Too much pressure from State and National governments wanting all non essential companies to remain closed until the numbers start to drop significantly. Would not be surprised to see KIA plants be utilized to produce virus related products like masks or ventilators.

Soonerhawk

Reaction score
So if they are cutting over equipment early April does that mean any outstanding accepted orders will convert to 21's?
I was wondering that question myself. They have been so behind the curve on production that I knew they were going to be pressing up against the 2021 production models. I have no problem getting a 2021 but I do not want to pay the 2021 price because I selected this vehicle based on getting a luxury type vehicle for a great price. My dealer said the 2021 tellurides will be more expensive and I will not get roped in to being forced to pay more for this vehicle just because Kia could not keep up with its 2020 orders. I would imagine they will be forced to finish 2020 orders before taking time to retool for the 2021 orders.

BadRabbit

Reaction score
Really hoping we still get ours before July. Wife is do with twins August 1st max (38 week date). Originally scheduled April 6 delivery. Now delayed until "sometime in May if plant gets back up in April" I don't see production starting back up until June at this point though. Fingers crossed gets here before the babies. She currently has a Wrangler and it's way to big for her already being only 20 weeks pregnant being only 5 feet tall.

Schlegel

Reaction score
Really hoping we still get ours before July. Wife is do with twins August 1st max (38 week date). Originally scheduled April 6 delivery. Now delayed until "sometime in May if plant gets back up in April" I don't see production starting back up until June at this point though. Fingers crossed gets here before the babies. She currently has a Wrangler and it's way to big for her already being only 20 weeks pregnant being only 5 feet tall.
GA does not have a shelter in place at the moment. No one in GA is on lockdown. But unknown yet what KIA will do. Local dealers are still open at least in the Atlanta Metro area. Have to wait to hear from what Jason calls the “mother ship.”