Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Give me strength!

Mr.JB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I just got a call from a very upset wife. The Telluride that we picked up on Friday night had a tangle with the garage door. Seems she had the tailgate open and accidentally pushed the garage door button. Scratched and dented the tailgate. I assured her that it can be fixed.

This seems to happen to us the first week of a new car. My son backed our new Monte Carlo SS into our mailbox post on day 3. Other cars have sustained similar damage.
Yikes.

tellurride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Paintless dent repair can most likely fix the dent without issue.
Apply water to the scratch, if the scratch isn't visible, then it isn't through the clear coat and it could be fixed through paint correction.

Mr.JB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Paintless dent repair can most likely fix the dent without issue.
Apply water to the scratch, if the scratch isn't visible, then it isn't through the clear coat and it could be fixed through paint correction.
She just sent me a picture. Scratch is deep.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
She just sent me a picture. Scratch is deep.
Sorry to hear! But nothing that a good body shop can't fix. I had an incident with the garage door and my BMW once... easily repaired though after panic.
If your insurance has coverage for uninsured drivers at a lower deductible than your primary collision insurance, you could get it repaired with that coverage. Did that a few times for various dents (parking lots, etc) because in Texas if you have this coverage it's a $250 deductible - separate from the main policy.

Wap52

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I just got a call from a very upset wife. The Telluride that we picked up on Friday night had a tangle with the garage door. Seems she had the tailgate open and accidentally pushed the garage door button. Scratched and dented the tailgate. I assured her that it can be fixed.

This seems to happen to us the first week of a new car. My son backed our new Monte Carlo SS into our mailbox post on day 3. Other cars have sustained similar damage.
Yikes.
Hey s they say $hit happens. And yes it all can be repaired. Just take the wife out to dinner and all will be okay for as us men all know A happy Wife is a Happy life.
Sorry for your mishap

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This happened to me when I had my LR4 for only a few months. I was on a conference call with China and the conversation was heated. I took my stuff out of the back, left the rear hatch open and closed the garage door … and then CLUNK! Needless to say I shouted several expletives on the phone when that happened! Mine was more scratched and cost around $300-400 to fix at the time. I didn't go through insurance and paid for it myself. Ever since then, I am hyper cautious about the garage door clearance! Good luck getting a prompt resolution to the issue.

ernysan

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Or find a Nice sticker with HER name and cover the damage (Joking)
:geek:

If you don't mind Share the picture your wife sent you so we can have more ideas how to repair the damage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't let your wife approach to the Telluride any more. (Joking again sorry)

Rondakay

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

Yikes.
I am averting my eyes less I be jinxed.

Yikes is right!

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’ve had this happen on a previous vehicle and heard about it happening to lots of people. Made me wonder why the only option for the safety sensor is a single beam a few inches off the garage floor. Why doesn’t someone come up with a sensor system that scans the whole garage door opening or at least more than one spot low to the ground?

Mr.JB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’ve had this happen on a previous vehicle and heard about it happening to lots of people. Made me wonder why the only option for the safety sensor is a single beam a few inches off the garage floor. Why doesn’t someone come up with a sensor system that scans the whole garage door opening or at least more than one spot low to the ground?
I like that idea. I’ll start design ASAP.
I also think I have my adjustment for closing the door set a bit too hard.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
just mount the sensors at the top corners facing diagonally ....................................

Wap52

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
put one sensor in top left corner and one in bottom right corner to shot the opening. Only problem I see here is if a child or person is in the bottom left corner and does not break the beam the door world still come down. I am not sure the openers can take more than one set of sensors. Of Course you could install a safety edge on bottom of door so when door hits something it goes back up automatically. Just be sure and reset your limit switch for down stop so the ground does not set off safety edge.

Member Support

Please keep ths community Ad Free with a Supporting Member account today! For as little as $0.05 per day, you can keep this community online and ad free. CLICK HERE to send your support!