Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Good Dealer Dealings - List Your Good Dealer Experience

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Let's allow our members and readers to SKIP the bad dealers and give their business to those dealers who've treated you RIGHT.

Please take a moment to reply with your good experience so we can steer other buyers toward that dealership...

BAD experiences go HERE.

frfnugn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I worked with Alex from Finnin Kia in Dubuque, IA for my Sorento lease three years ago and now the Telluride. They’ve been very transparent, give me all the numbers up front and it always matches my own calculations. There’s no shadiness going on, they’re not trying to hide anything or mislead you to a poor deal - they just give you a good price and lay it all out without pushing anything. Great experience! Even though we’re now 3 hours away, we still went with them for the Telluride (and will very likely again in 3 years for the next lease/purchase if we stick with Kia).

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If you are in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex I highly recommend Monica at Huffines KIA in McKinney and I would also highly recommend Maritz KIA in Hurst. I had great experiences with both and ultimately purchase from Moritz due to trade value. If you are looking for a starting point I would also highly recommend looking at Dealerrater.com as there is good information there on how others rate their dealership experience and its one of the tools I used to start conversations with specific dealers in an effort to avoid the bad experiences from the get go.

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Does anybody recommend central Ohio dealer? I have tried near by COLUMBUS, Ohio with no discounts only Kia offers (finance and conquest)

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Does anybody recommend central Ohio dealer? I have tried near by COLUMBUS, Ohio with no discounts only Kia offers (finance and conquest)
I live in Colunbus. Easton originally had ex for like $2500 off but it was an error. I tried going there for a lease but they were trying to rip me off , pretty shady people.
I ended up going to Hatfield Kia and they basically took $1000 off discount and then the incentives for my EX. I got my black ex for $499 for 15k lease with $700 down.
Crown Kia in Dublin had a sangria EX for like over $1500 off PLUS incentives. So we definitely have some decent deals here in Columbus. I highly recommend Hatfield- nice clean dealership and they treated me really well. I also got top dollar on my trade in.
My sales rep was pretty good - let me know if you want his info. He didn’t pressure me at all Ike the others.

Last edited:

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
whats the sales rep name at Hatfield?
Justin Bailey 614-519-3867
And his manager John. The manager was very nice and not the typical sleezy manager I’ve dealt with in the past. Justin set me up with a 2 hour test drive so I was able to take the car home to my wife. I ended up getting a different color ex 3 weeks after that. Basically told him the price I wanted and I wanted top dollar for my trade in - in cash. They gave me more money then the kbb too value. It was just a very nice and easy going experience with them. If you do work with Justin - my name is John. He probably still remembers me since I was the first Telluride he sold. I was texting Justin most of the time. Didn’t feel like talking to him on the phone in the beginning process.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
@arckal we should try and get a discount if we both buy at same time. I'm in the Columbus market too. If you talk to the salesman see if there would be any additional discount for us if we did that! I'm trying to get close to $40,000 for SX Prestige or as close as I can get.

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks @johnwashere2 for sharing your experience. @Karam.31 I have talked to a sales rep at Hatfield his name was Kevin and I offered him $2000 off (I also included mud guards, cargo mat, cargo to get free) on MSRP other then Kia finance, conquest offer and founders offer. That was on Thursday, Kevin told me he will talk to his manager and get back to me but he hasn’t responded yet.
But yes sure I am okay to make offer together and save, let me know if you need to contact me directly to schedule or something.

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
One more thing I have also got a chance to talk to Matt Taylor dealor they offered me 45835 with SX prestige tow package and mud guards, cargo net, cargo mat etc.

DCMX73

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Great experience at Northtown Kia in Amherst (Buffalo) NY area. I had a trade son it complicated the deal, but they did $665.00 off MSRP on EX AWD but inflated my trade by more than $3500.00 over 2 other local dealers so that would reflect a good discount per say. Plus got the $1500.00 rebate but had to finance through KMF. Simeon G. Is the sales person, class act and the management was easy going not high pressure. It took almost a month of working with them, but they were patient. I highly recommend.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
One more thing I have also got a chance to talk to Matt Taylor dealor they offered me 45835 with SX prestige tow package and mud guards, cargo net, cargo mat etc.
Is this before the kia incentives? And these will likely need to be custom orders correct? So 10 week wait probably?

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes it was before incentives, and they didn’t had car on lot so custom order would take some weeks to deliver, I didn’t check how long since he said he would know once we place an order. I offered them 45k but they didn’t took it, but may be if we get two things may change.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Garydotka

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
@arckal we should try and get a discount if we both buy at same time. I'm in the Columbus market too. If you talk to the salesman see if there would be any additional discount for us if we did that! I'm trying to get close to $40,000 for SX Prestige or as close as I can get.
$40k for an SX Prestige.?? You got hopes! That’s like 7500 off sticker. If you can get that price now, have them throw I. The towing package and buy 2 extra for me. I’m only seeing $3k max discounts out here in the East. Just not enough Tellie on the lots yet. Seems like the SX prestige’s are selling as fast as they show up. And they mostly seem to be Moss colored as well. And none have towing package.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
$40k for an SX Prestige.?? You got hopes! That’s like 7500 off sticker. If you can get that price now, have them throw I. The towing package and buy 2 extra for me. I’m only seeing $3k max discounts out here in the East. Just not enough Tellie on the lots yet. Seems like the SX prestige’s are selling as fast as they show up. And they mostly seem to be Moss colored as well. And none have towing package.
Shoot for the stars land on the moon! Lol

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes it was before incentives, and they didn’t had car on lot so custom order would take some weeks to deliver, I didn’t check how long since he said he would know once we place an order. I offered them 45k but they didn’t took it, but may be if we get two things may change.
I took one on the lot. They got it just a day or 2 before I bought mine. I would assume they would work better deals with the inventory they already have. Hatfield seems to be getting some every week or so though , I was monitoring them for a few weeks before I bought.