No soliciting permitted.

GPS Issues?

MikeTelluride

Reaction score
GPS not accepting addressed, nor 'finding' what I enter. Also does not find POI's.
I no longer have UVO but cant believe that GPS would be based on having a subscription.

NDBlackEX

Reaction score
GPS not accepting addressed, nor 'finding' what I enter. Also does not find POI's.
I no longer have UVO but cant believe that GPS would be based on having a subscription.

Jennj

Reaction score
I’m having same problem- Out UVO subscription is up and now god suddenly can’t find any location I’m looking for . I saw one place mention to update and I’m looking to see how to do that

Tellthemride

Reaction score
Go into your settings and disable UVO service from your navigation search options.

Rattnroll

Reaction score
How do I find this Setting option to disable it?
You can use the Navigation in the Telluride without a UVO subscription as long as your Telluride is equipped with Navigation which the SX trim is. You can turn the UVO Network off under Navigation settings and Use Network and you would uncheck the Use UVO Network box which is on Page 9-15 of the attached Telluride Infotainment System Guide. I included the UVO packages and what they cover and it does not affect the Navigation if your Telluride is equipped other than you won't be able to search the network for destinations without connection to the UVO network as most of UVO is for remote access features like remote start and location of vehicle when parked along with the ability to send destination commands from the app and using Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa with voice commands from home from what I am seeing.

1591804329603.png

Attachments

Jennj

Reaction score
I don’t see that option of uvo anywhere. We don’t have uvo anymore and now god is uselesa

Tellthemride

Reaction score
I just checked my head unit. Also could not find the setting to disable UVO using GPS. Not sure if because I still have an active subscription.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jennj

Reaction score
Mine says active too but we don’t have the car start etc so I’m not sure why it says active. I looked in settings and navigation to try and see something for GPS. I click offline and occasionally can get a location but usually I can’t .

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Mine says active too but we don’t have the car start etc so I’m not sure why it says active. I looked in settings and navigation to try and see something for GPS. I click offline and occasionally can get a location but usually I can’t .
It’s active because you still get the totally useless “basic” UVO service for free for 5 years.

While I haven’t tried how well it works, you’re suppose to deactivate UVO navigation searches in the “Voice Command” option on the Settings menu. Im hoping this will make offline maps searches the default.

Jennj

Reaction score
How do you upgrade the firmware? We shut off the uvo voice and it works better Today but still have to do the 2nd selection of “look offline.” I’m now trying to see if I can shut off the online menu popping up first because nothing online comes up

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
How do you upgrade the firmware? We shut off the uvo voice and it works better Today but still have to do the 2nd selection of “look offline.” I’m now trying to see if I can shut off the online menu popping up first because nothing online comes up
You have to take it to the dealer to upgrade the firmware. I think there have been only one since last year.

That's unfortunate, I was hoping that by disabling UVO voice search, the offline search would be the default. I guess that's not the case!

Rattnroll

Reaction score
You have to take it to the dealer to upgrade the firmware. I think there have been only one since last year.

That's unfortunate, I was hoping that by disabling UVO voice search, the offline search would be the default. I guess that's not the case!
@Jennj and @jazzyone, you can update the firmware by doing the Map update which is a USB stick available from the MapNSoft website below. I had the old version and when I updated to Map Version 14.0 back on June 25th, 2020, my Firmware version was also updated as you can see from the images below. The first image was the map and firmware versions I had prior to the update and the next 2 images are the map and firmware versions I now have after doing the Map Version 14.0 update. It is no longer available at the below website but the Map version 14.5 is due out the middle of August and hopefully will be available by free download or should be available for order for a small fee as version 14.0 was available for $25 plus shipping earlier this year in May, June, and the first part of July 2020. For most people from what I have seen on this Forum, the dealers have not been able to update the infotainment software and firmware as most dealers have not had the updates available to them as the dealers haven't purchased them to update people's systems or are unaware that a software update for the UVO infotainment system was even available.

Attachments

dakmommy

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. For those that have had the problem and it is now fixed. What was the remedy? Do I take it to the dealership?

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
@Jennj and @jazzyone, you can update the firmware by doing the Map update which is a USB stick available from the MapNSoft website below. I had the old version and when I updated to Map Version 14.0 back on June 25th, 2020, my Firmware version was also updated as you can see from the images below. The first image was the map and firmware versions I had prior to the update and the next 2 images are the map and firmware versions I now have after doing the Map Version 14.0 update. It is no longer available at the below website but the Map version 14.5 is due out the middle of August and hopefully will be available by free download or should be available for order for a small fee as version 14.0 was available for $25 plus shipping earlier this year in May, June, and the first part of July 2020. For most people from what I have seen on this Forum, the dealers have not been able to update the infotainment software and firmware as most dealers have not had the updates available to them as the dealers haven't purchased them to update people's systems or are unaware that a software update for the UVO infotainment system was even available.

Ok, thanks! Didn't realized that....

Don'sKia

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of MapNSoft and will now use it to update my 2017 Soul. The latest version was just released on 8/25/2020.