Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Has anyone refinanced?

Joflo0705

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just wondering what kind of rates and terms you guys are getting when refinancing your Tellurides, thanks in advance.

wazslow

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just wondering what kind of rates and terms you guys are getting when refinancing your Tellurides, thanks in advance.
I refinanced through Pentagon Federal Credit Union right away. It was an easy process. I took the $1500 rebate for financing with Kia at 5.9% (dealer marked it up 1%)for 72. I refinanced then with PedFed at 3.9% for 72.

Joflo0705

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thats what im looking at right now. Just trying to see if theres anything lower out there. Might do the 3.49 for 60m.

Jdgate

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have yet to get mine, however I am not finding lower then the$1500 rebate 2.9% for 60 that KIA has. I have some banks that said they will match the KIA rate as long as I finance within 60 days of purchase and they would offer me a credit back 1% of the sales cost.

Joflo0705

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thats pretty good, i sold my car after i bought the Telluride and sent it to the principle so thats why im refinancing. I sold it for 4k more than what they offered me at the dealer for trade. Penfed offers 3.49 for 60 which isnt far off the 2.9 anyways.

Joflo0705

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I got 1.9% for 60 months through KIA with a $1000 rebate. I thought "Hey! Free money! Why not?!"
What was the $1000 for? Conquest? Loyalty? I got the $1500 for financing through kia plus the $1000 conquest.

AzTelly

Reaction score
Sorry, yes i got the $1000 for the conquest (Former Jeep GC owner) and it was $1500 for the financing. Not quite sure where they make their money on financing at this rate but ok! I didn't have my deal docs in front of me.

Joflo0705

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Interesting they probably made a mistake on their end, i thought u had to get the 2.9 to get the $1500 rebate tho. Someone posted the chart on here. When did u purchase it?

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am refinancing through Navy Federal Credit Union now and am getting 2.9% for 72 months but you must be an E-7 or above in the military, guard, or reserves to qualify. If not the rate is 3.9%, which is still better than what I got with KIA even with a 800+ credit score.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

tom141

Reaction score
does kia finance expect you to make a few monthly payments first before they allow you to refinance the loan? also when do you actually get your $1500 rebate? thx

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You get the $1500 rebate the moment you sign the paperwork as it is written into the deal. If you want to be nice, you can wait the 90 days to refinance so your dealer gets their money from Kia. If you don't want to be nice, you can refinance right away.

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
does kia finance expect you to make a few monthly payments first before they allow you to refinance the loan? also when do you actually get your $1500 rebate? thx
Yes, they will at least hope you will keep the loan with them. That is how they make money. However, please know you are under no obligation to keep the loan with KMF. So please do what is in your best interest.

On the KMF side, being a captive finance unit, they are more or less subsidized by Kia. That is why Kia offers incentives to you to finance with KMF. On the back side of the transaction, the part you don’t see, KMF is paying your dealer a fee to pass the loan to them instead of you getting a loan elsewhere.

If you refinance within 90 to 120 days, MKF with take back the fee they paid to your dealer.

On finding your best refinance rate, you will get your best rate almost exclusively through a credit union, so use the web to search for the lowest cost to you. Many small local credit unions have ridiculously low rates that you can take advantage of. Best to you!

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I refinanced last week through Navy Federal Credit Union. I have perfect credit and KIA gave my 5.9% for 72 months and just refinanced for 72 months @ 2.9%.