Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Have you owned a KIA before?

13_FST

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just curious to see if the Telluride is your first Kia, or if you have had other Kia(s) before.

I came from a 2017 Kia Sorento EX V6, so I've had brief yet great experience with Kia. Kia has come a LONG way since even 2005.

MELISSAB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We've had a Kia Rio since 2012 that my oldest daughter drove for a few years, now my 2nd oldest drives. It's a real low end car but it has held up very well. The only thing we've replaced beyond regular maintenance is the a/c compressor. They did have a fault with the reported fuel economy so we get a check once a year or so? My husband handles that so I'm not exactly sure how often or how much.

RW4

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
First Kia after years of Honda and Subaru. Never going back to Honda, but I do love our Outback. However, the Telluride is by far the best one I've had to date.

Buckeye-TRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’ve been a GM guy for about a decade. Not sure I’ll ever be back unless it’s to buy a Vette or Camaro. So far (850 miles lol) the Telluride has been one of the best cars I’ve ever owned hands down. The dealer experience was definitely far behind my favorite GM dealer but not horrible as I have no problem man-handling sales and finance people if needed. If this car can back up everything with solid reliability I will be back for another Kia for sure.

JenB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
2nd Kia, traded in my 2012 Optima EX for my new Telluride EX. Prior to that I was a Honda/ Toyota devotee, but don’t think I’ll leave Kia. Love almost everything about Kia and its reliability and style overall.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We have a 2013 Kia Soul - been a great car so far with minimal maintenance. 80k miles and very reliable. Waiting (a while) for a new Telluride...

Last edited:

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
First Kia here! SX-P Ebony / Gray Nappa Due 6/19. Drove my mom's Ford focus hatchback (2006?) lol, then a 1999 Honda Civic gifted to me from my dad for college at THE Ohio State University, and then bought my first car in 2013 after graduation, a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport (lowest trim). Trading it in now for the Telly and surprisingly getting $8,500 for it with 90,000 miles. Telly is my 2nd new car purchase at age 28, and by far the most expensive, tech savvy, and luxurious car I have ever owned! Can't wait.

CNF

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My first Kia was a 2011 Sorento purchased in 2013. I will be trading in on my SX Telluride hopefully end of June/beginning of July.

Mr.JB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This will be our first KIA. We have always been a US based automotive company car owner of Ford and Chevrolet cars. We have been looking at cars the last couple of years and were considering Mercedes Benz or other cars. When we learned we were having a third grandchild, we started looking at three row SUV’s. We looked and test drove many. Since we never looked at KIA previously we almost never even bothered to check out the Telluride. Once we saw one at an auto show, that same day we test drove one at a dealership. We ordered ours that same day on March 9th. We are still waiting for delivery.

PlazaRoad

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
2012 KIA RIO SX. W/ 60K miles. Very minimal maintenance and I get a check in the mail for the mpg fiasco. Happy KIA owner.

ggregviv

Reaction score
This my first Kia of any kind. I have driven Hondas for 30years. So far I love the Telluride. I may be a Kia guy now.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Never owned a KIA BUT.... after KIA went bankrupt, Hyundai bought part of it... So many things are the same across the board... I own a 2005 Hyundai Sonata and it has been a great car. My Daughter In Law is a FULL BLOODED naturalized Korean. She always told me Hyundai and KIA are "Junk". Well...now it seems a different story and she can't wait to ride in my T-Ride....LOL When I get the damned thing. I ordered the hardest one to get... SX AWD, Prestige with Tow package. Black on Black in Black... She has seen how long I have owned the Sonata...so maybe her thoughts are changed. Just thoughts from a KOREAN.

Though wife isn't too keen on what I am paying for it...she seems enthusiastic about it coming in... Been almost 6 weeks...I am thinking 6 more. Until then.. the Sonata will be our means of transport.

BanditLover

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just curious to see if the Telluride is your first Kia, or if you have had other Kia(s) before.

I came from a 2017 Kia Sorento EX V6, so I've had brief yet great experience with Kia. Kia has come a LONG way since even 2005.
Before our Telluride we had a Kia Sorento that we enjoyed but needed more space. We also owned a number of Hyundai vehicles so that we have almost ten years of Hyundai/Kia vehicles that were very reliable and enjoyable.