Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Have you owned a KIA before?

MJ Johnson

Reaction score
We had a 2013 Sorento and traded it in on the Telluride, we were very very happy with Kia, after 2 Cadillacs. Also many other various vehicles between the 2 of us over the years, Ford F-250, Lincoln town cars, Chrysler, Chevy, VW, Triumph, Mazda, we had many others as well. WOW i could go on & on we are old so we have had our share. 😂

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We had a 2013 Sorento and traded it in on the Telluride, we were very very happy with Kia, after 2 Cadillacs. Also many other various vehicles between the 2 of us over the years, Ford F-250, Lincoln town cars, Chrysler, Chevy, VW, Triumph, Mazda, we had many others as well. WOW i could go on & on we are old so we have had our share. 😂
Although it may be too early to tell... Where does the Telluride rank on the long list?

MJ Johnson

Reaction score
Although it may be too early to tell... Where does the Telluride rank on the long list?
It is early, 3 days into it. I am still trying to learn how to use most of the functions. So far I love the feel, ride, comfort, look. Time will tell. I am still smelling the new car smell and loving it as much if not more than my previous luxury cars. I feel like I have an suv that turns into a truck, kind of a transformer lol. Yes I am loving it so far. I will let you know if I change my mind.

Having come from the Sorento for 7 years I was not sure about the bigger vehicle again. But it rides so nice. I am a small woman 5 2 and 115# & 63 years old. I really wanted to be able to take the 3 grandchildren , well 2 with one on the way the oldest is 3, places in a comfortable vehicle. My kids just got a 3 row king expedition which is way to big for my comfort. This seems just right (in my best Goldie locks voice)

Spider07

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
First Kia. Thought I would never buy one. I test drove one a long time ago, prob, late 90's and it just felt cheap. But I am really REALLY liking this Telluride. Now the dealerships, not so much.

DRK

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I had owned 2008 Kia Sedona until last Saturday when I traded in for my Telluride. I had no issues with my Kia.
I'm familiar with Hyundai and Kia as I'm from Korea and my brother has been a research engineer in Hyundai Lab in Namyang, Korea. He works on transmissions and he purchased a Palisade recently.
I also own a Honda, but I will likely buy only Kia or Hyundai in the future.:)

Last edited:

Unlimited

Reaction score
This will be #2 for me.... I still have a 2013 Rio5 that is my M-F commuter car. Currently 91k miles, ZERO problems! All I've done in 6 years is oil changes every 3k, front and rear break pads (x2), and 1 set of tires.

The Telluride will be a replacement for a MB product. I'm hoping it will hold up mechanically the same as the Rio and that all the hype on the quality of fit and finish hold up as well.

Rondakay

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My last 3 vehicles have been Nissan including the Titan truck with 200k miles I drive today. I never would have dreamed that I would buy a KIA but here we are waiting on a Silver SX with Prestige package and I am more excited about this vehicle than any before. As a programmer I love all of the technology that has clearly been important in the development of this new SUV. And don't get me started on the luxury.

Ordered: May 11th (wish I had known sooner and was in founders club)
Heard from KIA on May 31 with delivery expected in next 45 days. I don't mind the waiting, I believe it will be worth it.

Rondakay

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Why did I buy this vehicle?

I was looking at the four runner, my husband thought it was a strpped down nothing and wanted me to look at Land Rover. We both liked the style of the Land Rovers but being 47 out of 50 in reliability made me run. He saw a Telluride and we were both taken by the style and the warranty and reputation that KIA is building.

13_FST

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My last 3 vehicles have been Nissan including the Titan truck with 200k miles I drive today. I never would have dreamed that I would buy a KIA but here we are waiting on a Silver SX with Prestige package and I am more excited about this vehicle than any before. As a programmer I love all of the technology that has clearly been important in the development of this new SUV. And don't get me started on the luxury.

Ordered: May 11th (wish I had known sooner and was in founders club)
Heard from KIA on May 31 with delivery expected in next 45 days. I don't mind the waiting, I believe it will be worth it.
You won't be disappointed with your first KIA. My wife and I were in the exact same boat as you before we purchased our Sorento 3 years ago. No issues at all, and an amazing vehicle when you factor in cost vs. features.

We picked our up few days ago and we love it. It's got some amazing features that most cars don't have.

DVWRIGHT

Reaction score
This is our first Kia. We turned in a 2011 BMW 750LIX that had 97K miles on it. I really enjoyed my Beamer but it was coming off it's warranty and had me nervous about future maintenance cost. We have been very pleased with the Telluride logging 1,300 miles. The ride has been smooth, performance more than sufficient- rather impressive and looks great.

whyidie

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Wife and family were Honda only. I've only ever owned BMWs. Converted her to BMWs with an X3. Thought we'd get an X5 (X7 wasn't in the picture and frankly looks like a Benz) when it was time to get more space. Ended test driving pretty much every car in the 7 passenger segment including cars that were close to double the cost. Frankly wasn't sure what to do as with 3 kids we needed the space that only a couple of models had. We were pretty much in flip a coin territory between Atlas, Ascent, XC90 with compromises on each one.

Telluride came on the scene and immediately topped everyones list. In the end the space, technology, interior layout won out.

plutoridge

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My first Kia! Has been in Honda and Acura family for a long time. My first impression was kind of mixed bag. E.g. seat belts, I felt, were thinner than say Accord's. Also didn't like bottom black exterior plastic molding body around doors (whatever it is called) where as MDX or Accord has metal body going all the way till the bottom. May be I was having jitters of getting away from familiar Honda/Acura territory.

Telluride has grown on me since last one+ month. What a great ride. Few minor quirks - my main gripe is that there is only single USB port through which it accepts Apple CarPlay/Android Auto and USB drive with songs so you can't have both say Apple maps and songs playing from USB. Otherwise, Kia has done a great job. I think the UVO interface and its usability is one of the best, certainly much better than Honda/Acura interface.

Unlike someone quoted above, my Kia dealer experience was also excellent so I guess its varies by dealer. Overall, very happy in Kia family now :)

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My first Kia! Has been in Honda and Acura family for a long time. My first impression was kind of mixed bag. E.g. seat belts, I felt, were thinner than say Accord's. Also didn't like bottom black exterior plastic molding body around doors (whatever it is called) where as MDX or Accord has metal body going all the way till the bottom. May be I was having jitters of getting away from familiar Honda/Acura territory.

Telluride has grown on me since last one+ month. What a great ride. Few minor quirks - my main gripe is that there is only single USB port through which it accepts Apple CarPlay/Android Auto and USB drive with songs so you can't have both say Apple maps and songs playing from USB. Otherwise, Kia has done a great job. I think the UVO interface and its usability is one of the best, certainly much better than Honda/Acura interface.

Unlike someone quoted above, my Kia dealer experience was also excellent so I guess its varies by dealer. Overall, very happy in Kia family now :)
Can you run google maps and songs from say Spotify at same time using apple car play?