No soliciting permitted.

Having trouble with your main USB port? Try this.

The Dude

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If you run into a problem where the main USB port stops working, you can reset it using a toothpick or one of those little devices to pop out the SIM card on your phone. The little reset button is on the left front of the unit.

Joesims99

Reaction score
My USB port doesn’t seem to work at all. I tried the reset button but still no.
Other forums talk about changing fuses, but this is a brand new car and we haven’t overloaded it or even been able to use it.
the salesperson was able to set up our uvo at the dealership but it hasn’t worked since. It doesn’t charge our phones, let us play music through it, or anything. Also the back light for the plugin isn’t lit.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My USB port doesn’t seem to work at all. I tried the reset button but still no.
Other forums talk about changing fuses, but this is a brand new car and we haven’t overloaded it or even been able to use it.
the salesperson was able to set up our uvo at the dealership but it hasn’t worked since. It doesn’t charge our phones, let us play music through it, or anything. Also the back light for the plugin isn’t lit.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe

You know only the center usb connects to the infotainment screen, right? The one on the right is power only. Do you have iOS? If so, did you trying rotating the lighting cable plug? On some cables it is only one sided...

Did you try other cables/devices? None them work (on which USB port)?

Willistb0711

Reaction score
I'm having problems with mine too. It literally drains my battery rather than charge it. Its going for service at Kia on Tues.

Jemery1369

Reaction score
If you run into a problem where the main USB port stops working, you can reset it using a toothpick or one of those little devices to pop out the SIM card on your phone. The little reset button is on the left front of the unit.
Hello,
My USB stopped working. Will not charge my phone and Apple CarPlay no longer works. I cannot see a reset button. Is there a way you can post a photo so I know exactly where to look.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello,
My USB stopped working. Will not charge my phone and Apple CarPlay no longer works. I cannot see a reset button. Is there a way you can post a photo so I know exactly where to look.
The reset button is near the volume knob.

Jemery1369

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I did find it, but unfortunately my USB/Apple CarPlay are still not working. I guess it’s a trip to the dealer to have it fixed.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, I did. I even reset back to original factory settings in the settings screen. Nothing worked. Hopefully it can be fixed. Thank you for your response.
Good luck, hope they get you taken care of.

mrluckee

Reaction score
Mine works properly, maybe need to be fix your infotainment, I noticed that the main usb port has still power eventhough the car is off, my phone still charging though, does anyone notice that one as well?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Humaid

Reaction score
Mine works properly, maybe need to be fix your infotainment, I noticed that the main usb port has still power eventhough the car is off, my phone still charging though, does anyone notice that one as well?
Yes, the same here. I always unplug the phone when I switch the car off, especially if I am away for a long period.
I use a second phone, its not my main phone.

mrluckee

Reaction score
Yes, the same here. I always unplug the phone when I switch the car off, especially if I am away for a long period.
you unplug the cable as well in the main usb port and phone as well or

you unplugged only your phone?

mrluckee

Reaction score
What do you mean? Are you talking about your phone or the main usb port for carplay and the second usb slot?😊

Humaid

Reaction score
The
What do you mean? Are you talking about your phone or the main usb port for carplay and the second usb slot?😊
The phone. I mentioned that because some might say of course you will unplug the phone since you are away 😅