Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Heart set on Lexus GX460 but now in love with the Telluride...

Cnkelle2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Thanks for letting me join the forum.

I have been planning to purchase a Lexus GX460 this summer. It has been my dream car for years. I was willing to overlook the lack of tech because I love the truck feel of the GX. My husband convinced me to look into the Telluride. I think I am a converted believer but I also don't want to be blinded by the massive amount of tech available on the Telluride that is absent on the GX. My husband drives a 2019 Stinger and loves it. However, I don't think his car is a comparable representation of Kia quality since it is a sports car and not a typical family car per se. Any Kia loyalists out there that can share their overall experience with a Kia car and how they have held up over the years? I want this to be the car I drive until the wheels fall off!

Thanks!

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
"I want this to be the car I drive until the wheels fall off!" - I would suggest you get the GX then, those things will run till your grandsons have grandsons.

Cnkelle2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hahaha. Too funny. I guess I should clarify that o don’t want to drive it until the end of time but rather just want to feel secure that it’s not going to turn into a pumpkin at 100,001 miles :giggle:

G

G-881059

Hey everyone!

I have been planning to purchase a Lexus GX460 this summer. It has been my dream car for years. I was willing to overlook the lack of tech because I love the truck feel of the GX. My husband convinced me to look into the Telluride. I think I am a converted believer but I also don't want to be blinded by the massive amount of tech available on the Telluride that is absent on the GX. My husband drives a 2019 Stinger and loves it. However, I don't think his car is a comparable representation of Kia quality since it is a sports car and not a typical family car per se. Any Kia loyalists out there that can share their overall experience with a Kia car and how they have held up over the years? I want this to be the car I drive until the wheels fall off!

Thanks!
Me too! Just turned my gx460 back in and cannot decide between another Lexus, maybe Volvo or Audi... now I’ve seen this telluride and it’s super cool! Buuut, I am not sure about Kia in general... 🤷🏼‍♀️

Cnkelle2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Me too! Just turned my gx460 back in and cannot decide between another Lexus, maybe Volvo or Audi... now I’ve seen this telluride and it’s super cool! Buuut, I am not sure about Kia in general... 🤷🏼‍♀️
I got the Telluride!! I’m two weeks in and zero regrets. I love it so far!

JonFar111

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Thanks!

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
I got the Telluride!! I’m two weeks in and zero regrets. I love it so far!
Congrats! I too was looking at the GX but the horrible gas mileage and premium fuel requirement was a bit of a put-off as the running costs would be quite high. They are one of the most capable and reliable off road vehicles out there though. Truly an engineering marvel...but there’s a cost associated.

Hkeadle

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Kia Optima. I for some reason thought it was not subject to the faulty engine recall but found out otherwise when my engine blew on a trip to New Mexico last weekend. That was my first problem and occurred at 145000 miles. However Kia took good care of me, sending us a tow truck to the middle of nowhere and hooking us up with a rental while my engine is replaced. I feel really good about ordering from Kia again. The quality of the interior has held up well while my husbands same year Hyundai Sonata has experienced some paint wear. The upgraded radio still sounds great while the upgraded system in my vw beetle was always loosing speakers.

Jdrn21

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Thanks!
Alot of that has to do with the condition you keep your vehicle in. There is no reason this Kia can't Outlast your expectations. I've had Chevy and Toyotas in this car is by far better in terms of style and quality

Cnkelle2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Congrats! I too was looking at the GX but the horrible gas mileage and premium fuel requirement was a bit of a put-off as the running costs would be quite high. They are one of the most capable and reliable off road vehicles out there though. Truly an engineering marvel...but there’s a cost associated.
Yes!!! The fuel economy and premium gas price is what ultimately steered me toward the telluride! I have a pretty long and traffic heavy commute to work. The thought of 15 mpg was terrifying! Lol.

SC300ES

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes!!! The fuel economy and premium gas price is what ultimately steered me toward the telluride! I have a pretty long and traffic heavy commute to work. The thought of 15 mpg was terrifying! Lol.
The space behind the third row is very small too. Also not everybody is a fan of the rear door either.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have a pretty long and traffic heavy commute to work. The thought of 15 mpg was terrifying! Lol.
You’ll love the tech (Smart Cruise Control, Lane Centering Assist, Auto Start/stop with HDA) all transparently working together in traffic jams. Plus the KT gets pretty good gas mileage, especially on highways with SCC.

Last edited:

cheeks80

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Kia Optima. I for some reason thought it was not subject to the faulty engine recall but found out otherwise when my engine blew on a trip to New Mexico last weekend. That was my first problem and occurred at 145000 miles. However Kia took good care of me, sending us a tow truck to the middle of nowhere and hooking us up with a rental while my engine is replaced. I feel really good about ordering from Kia again. The quality of the interior has held up well while my husbands same year Hyundai Sonata has experienced some paint wear. The upgraded radio still sounds great while the upgraded system in my vw beetle was always loosing speakers.
Kia's engine warranty is up to 100,000 miles. Are you saying they replaced the engine at 145k miles ? Did u have to pay for it ?

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Kia's engine warranty is up to 100,000 miles. Are you saying they replaced the engine at 145k miles ? Did u have to pay for it ?
Yes, that's what he is saying.. Plus, his new engine will have a million mile warranty from what my dealer tells me.

This is a well documented problem with his engine.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

YEH

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Both the transmission and engine (helps that it is NA) in the Telluride are proven commodities.

If any problems are to arise, more likely will appear in one of the tech amenities.

Rondakay

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Thanks!
I have only owned my Telluride for 13 days - I am not sure what it is exactly but I absolutely LOVE this car. And it is so FUN to drive. I am 6 foot tall and it is the most comfortable car I have ever sat in. - The seats are a little lower in respect to the windows so it has more of a sports car feel when driving. It is super responsive. I can't really say enough about it - but like you I want to drive it for a long time.

calvinhead

Reaction score
We've owned a 2015 Kia Cadenza for over 3 years and absolutely love it! There have been zero issues and feel the overall quality matches up (or much better) to any cars we've owned (BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, Jaguar, Cadillac, Toyota). We are waiting on our new Telluride which is supposed to come in within the next few days and are excited. We will miss our Cadenza but need more room because of of our first grandchild.

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We've owned a 2015 Kia Cadenza for over 3 years and absolutely love it! There have been zero issues and feel the overall quality matches up (or much better) to any cars we've owned (BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, Jaguar, Cadillac, Toyota). We are waiting on our new Telluride which is supposed to come in within the next few days and are excited. We will miss our Cadenza but need more room because of of our first grandchild.
You will have zero regrets!