No soliciting permitted.

Heat at low RPMs

homerunbm33

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed their heat doesn't blow hot air when the RPMs are on the lower side(usually when stuck in traffic or at a light)? I can feel the temp change when I start to slow down or accelerate.

Iain

Reaction score
Our telluride is in the shop under warranty for this very issue as yet it is unresolved they changed the heater core but that wasn't the issue so we are in trial and error mode !

Weezee47

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see what the solution is. My wife just told me today that our Telly isn't blowing very hot air at 27.5°C... Going to schedule an appt to see what the issue is.

Tellthemride

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed their heat doesn't blow hot air when the RPMs are on the lower side(usually when stuck in traffic or at a light)? I can feel the temp change when I start to slow down or accelerate.
@homerunbm33 This sounds like you experiencing the Idle Stop and Go feature of the car when you are at a complete stop in traffic. It's the gas saving feature that turns off the engine and keeps your accessories on (ie. radio) to save fuel at stoplights. Typically when the engine is off, the fan is blowing, but the AC and heat elements are off until the cabin's indoor temp starts to drift too far from the desired set point, and the engine will start up again to maintain the temp.

You can try pressing the Auto Stop button by the gear shift lever to see if this solves your heating issues at the stoplights and standstill traffic. Unfortunately, you will need to do this every trip you make with your car, since engine auto start/stop is enabled by default every time you start the car.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I turn mine off as it is now part of my start up procedure. It has now become natural motions. Our heat will down right melt you if not using the auto climate control.

homerunbm33

Reaction score
@homerunbm33 This sounds like you experiencing the Idle Stop and Go feature of the car when you are at a complete stop in traffic. It's the gas saving feature that turns off the engine and keeps your accessories on (ie. radio) to save fuel at stoplights. Typically when the engine is off, the fan is blowing, but the AC and heat elements are off until the cabin's indoor temp starts to drift too far from the desired set point, and the engine will start up again to maintain the temp.

You can try pressing the Auto Stop button by the gear shift lever to see if this solves your heating issues at the stoplights and standstill traffic. Unfortunately, you will need to do this every trip you make with your car, since engine auto start/stop is enabled by default every time you start the car.
It is not the stop/start. I disable that every time I get in the car. This is happening at low RPMs/speed and when stopped in traffic(stop/start disabled and engine running). As soon as I start to accelerate you can feel the temp immediately change.

Smolenski7

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my heat. It seems to take a very long time to get hot in cold weather. And, yes, when stopped at at light, the cold air just rushes out. It takes about 12-15 minutes to get really hot and stay hot. This is with the ISG off and in any driving mode.

AJF

Reaction score
Complained to the dealer that the Heat/Temp fluctuates even when moving. The fan comes on and there is no heat coming from the footwells. Told me it had something to do with the moisture controls. ??
Very poor system. Going back again for 1st service with same complaint.

Priapism

Reaction score
To those who drive Tellurides....Is this just the heat that falls off when stopped or does the cold air conditioning fall off also?

AJF

Reaction score
Our telluride is in the shop under warranty for this very issue as yet it is unresolved they changed the heater core but that wasn't the issue so we are in trial and error mode !
Any update on the repair?

Smolenski7

Reaction score
I called my dealer. He said to try having the heat on while also making sure that the fan does not pull in outside air. He said that could be the reason why the air is so cold for so long. I have tried it, and I'm really not sure it has made a difference because the weather around here has been relatively warm lately....no really cold mornings over the past 10 days.

Also, I noticed this summer that the A/C was effected by the ISG. I'm not sure if it is effected by simply coming to a stop like the heat.

mshabana

Reaction score
It is not the stop/start. I disable that every time I get in the car. This is happening at low RPMs/speed and when stopped in traffic(stop/start disabled and engine running). As soon as I start to accelerate you can feel the temp immediately change.
I have owned mine for two months now and just yesterday I noticed it doing the same thing while I was at a fast food drive through while sitting longer than usual.
The air is not cold but I guess that is because it was 55+ here in Texas yesterday,but it will not blow warm/hot air when idling,only while driving and at higher RPM's it seems like.
Other than this,I have had ZERO issues with mine

witty

Reaction score
I just got off of the phone with KIA consumer affairs. They agree that it is not a normal condition. However, they don't know of any solutions. They issued me a case number and instructed me to call them after my vehicle goes in for service and let them know the results. They also told me to tell the dealership, Fuccillo KIA of Rochester NY, that I have called the company. This is more or less a tracking thing. The woman said that consumers need to call them to complain because otherwise they have no idea of problems because the dealerships don't really report stuff to them. Meaning the more people that register their complaints the better because the company will start to really look into the issue in an attempt to fix the vehicle. So please if you're having issues call them.18003334542. Make sure you have your VIN so they can reference your vehicle. Good luck to all of us.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

AJF

Reaction score
Opened a case this morning. Have a second appt with the dealer tomorrow. This is my 1st service appointment.

AJF

Reaction score
No change. Dealer says everything is normal! Foot well heat issue is due to the air being shared by window outlets. Surging and drop in heat could not. be duplicated.