No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Heated steering wheel available on the SX and EX?

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Got a question hopefully someone will know the answer to. In some things I read, it shows the heated steering wheel only available on the SX with prestige, but on the specs breakdown they show it as optional on the SX and EX. Does anybody know for sure?

I test drove the ex last week that had no extras other then the carpet mats and wheel lock. It DID have a heated steering wheel , I’ve never had one and it heated up fast. I turned it off after a few minutes.

Jenny Wang

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I test drove the ex last week that had no extras other then the carpet mats and wheel lock. It DID have a heated steering wheel , I’ve never had one and it heated up fast. I turned it off after a few minutes.
You'll love it in the winter if you're in a cold climate. No more needing gloves!

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe that also has to be AWD to get the heated steering wheel?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
G

G-561896

Where is the switch to turn it on and off. I see it on my phone app that I can turn it on while I'm in the house but have not found it in the car.

AustereSpoon

Reaction score
Worth noting that I have the FWD version of the EX and it does NOT have the heated steering wheel, so the theory that only all the AWD EX and SX have it seems to be true.

Kindguy

Reaction score
It's option on both the EX an SX..believe it only comes on the AWD models of both.
I have the AWD SX prestige and it came with the heated steering wheel.sk you may be right about the AWD option statement you made. Car sticker stated under standard ex awd features “ heated leather-wrapped steering wheel w/remote controls” so technically EX AWD should have the heated steering wheel as well.

Attachments

AustereSpoon

Reaction score
so technically EX AWD should have the heated steering wheel as well.
Yea I test drove an AWD EX and it had the heated steering wheel, but ultimately bought a FWD EX which does not. I wasnt sure if it was because of a package change other than going from AWD to FWD tho. It seems to be directly tied to being AWD and then being either the EX or SX trim (for USA at least). I would have liked the heated steering wheel, but not $3000 dollars of AWD liked it. I should be jsut fine with FWD in Chicagoland, the real risk is needing to wash it all the time from alllll the damn salt.