• Need to track your Telluride? Don't start a new post in the lounge - CLICK HERE!

Hello 👋🏻 2022 telluride help looking for an OEM serpentine belt

Acopeland1

Reaction score
I’m Angel a happy telluride owner she’s a beautiful wolf grey SX NF AWD butterscotch nappa interior with the tow package. Just came here because of a post in one of the telluride groups I’m a part of and enjoy. As well as to see if any of you may be able to help me track down a OEM Kia serpentine belt my dealer (la Fontaine Dearborn MI) are unable to find one and they say is on back order until whom knows when! It’s already been two weeks and I’m going crazy without her as well as feel incredibly screwed over by the dealer they are rude not helpful as well as hang up on me anymore when asking about my car! Thank you for taking the time to read my post picture of my baby attached.

Attachments

• F1E876E5-F22F-4596-8652-C0E3DB07AA79.jpeg
    F1E876E5-F22F-4596-8652-C0E3DB07AA79.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 26

Sloop John

Reaction score
OP - curious as to why you would need this belt on a new car, or at least one with relatively low milage?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m Angel a happy telluride owner she’s a beautiful wolf grey SX NF AWD butterscotch nappa interior with the tow package. Just came here because of a post in one of the telluride groups I’m a part of and enjoy. As well as to see if any of you may be able to help me track down a OEM Kia serpentine belt my dealer (la Fontaine Dearborn MI) are unable to find one and they say is on back order until whom knows when! It’s already been two weeks and I’m going crazy without her as well as feel incredibly screwed over by the dealer they are rude not helpful as well as hang up on me anymore when asking about my car! Thank you for taking the time to read my post picture of my baby attached.
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Sorry to hear about the trouble with the dealership. I hope you get situated quickly... In any event, I'm glad you found are little home on the internet. :)

Acopeland1

Reaction score
OP - curious as to why you would need this belt on a new car, or at least one with relatively low milage?
Belts break but it was due to a faulty pulley that part came next day but belts on tbd back order with no eta in sight.

Acopeland1

Reaction score
Belts break but it was due to a faulty pulley that part came next day but belts on tbd back order with no eta in sight.
Yeah kinda curious here as well! What happened?
I just know it’s been over a month and I’m so over it feel like they just don’t care about me as a customer stuck paying for a car I can’t drive😭

2020Telly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I doesn't appear to me that they are trying very hard to track down the parts.

I found two parts that work on both the Palisade and Telluride. One is even listed as working on some Sedona, Cadenza and Sorento models.

agioe2012

Reaction score
Same happened to mine last week after just having it for 25 days with 900 miles on it. It’s an SX AWD Prestige in Wolf Grey and is beautiful (looks similar to Angels). Was cruising on highway, then all of a sudden engine starts overheating. I pulled off and opened the hood, coolant was sprayed everywhere and the belt was completely annihilated and wrapped around alternator. Dealer has had my car for over a week and still does not know what to do with it. They just tell me it has been escalated to Kia Engineering and are waiting a response. I waited months for this telluride and even gave in to the dealer mark up. It looks like I will not be getting this back anytime soon. So devastating.

hammertime

Reaction score
2022 Telluride, just tripped 8k miles and 25 miles later the belt blew and engine heat light came on. Pulley no problem , belt is the real problem and telling me could be a month. Why is this not a recall issue? Why are these belts not being supplied if the car is still rolling off the factory line is West Point Ga.? How many Tellurides or other KIA's are involved in this fiasco? IMG_5737.jpg

Rotarykingrx8

Reaction score
22 sx awd Prestige package 3k miles been at the dealer 2 months was told a month ago that there’s a Kia belt shortage but they had found 3 belts in Korea and ordered them . Was also told 5 other tellurides came in after me about a week later with the same problem.

Socal949

Reaction score
Omg that’s crazy. Are these belts being compromised with a different material than what the 2020-2021 models came with. I hope not. Haven’t had a single issue with mine. 2021 EX here. I’m seeing 2022 models are having this issue?? Am I wrong!?

Rotarykingrx8

Reaction score
Omg that’s crazy. Are these belts being compromised with a different material than what the 2020-2021 models came with. I hope not. Haven’t had a single issue with mine. 2021 EX here. I’m seeing 2022 models are having this issue?? Am I wrong!?
Yeah I’m sure it was a bad batch of belts that went out

hammertime

Reaction score
Update on my 2022 Telluride belt fiasco. I have been told by the dealer ( if he is correct) that the belt is being reengineered/ redesigned and that is what is taking so long. I would bet it was a bad batch of belts however.

LToolr

Reaction score
Same thing happened to our 2022 Telluride…6000 miles, belt broke, overheated etc…towed to Kia service over a week ago. Hopefully they’ll get to “look” at it today. After reading this forum I’m. It very encouraged about it getting repaired quickly

Jeebee

Reaction score
Same thing just happened to me on Wednesday. Belt broke, engine overheated, had it towed to the dealership and now my 2022 Telluride is just sitting there as this belt is on backorder and no ETA in sight and they won't authorize to pay for a rental car or a loaner car cause this belt is outside the warranty period? Absolutely ridiculous! This was the only car I had to get to work!!!

Filing a complaint to Kia Consumer Assistance #800-333-4542

Justlkn

Reaction score
Same thing just happened to me on Wednesday. Belt broke, engine overheated, had it towed to the dealership and now my 2022 Telluride is just sitting there as this belt is on backorder and no ETA in sight and they won't authorize to pay for a rental car or a loaner car cause this belt is outside the warranty period? Absolutely ridiculous! This was the only car I had to get to work!!!

Filing a complaint to Kia Consumer Assistance #800-333-4542

Jeebee how could it be out of warranty? You can't possibly have that many miles on a 2022?