Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Help Me Decide - Dune Brown?

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
SX Prestige AWD on order here. (w/out tow pkg) Ordered white w/ black interior on 3/16 from a dealer group I've have a long relationship with. Same story as others, been waiting for an ETA date.
In mid April, they contacted me to let me know they don't have a date on the vehicle I ordered. But, could get the exact vehicle w/tow pkg by June. I offered to split the cost with them. They accepted. In the end, I feel I got a fair deal at $48,650 OTD (incl taxes / fees)

Fast forward to this past Monday. I'm told they have a VIN and ETA of late May. I search for the sticker on Kia.com and notice the interior is Dune Brown not Black. Reconnect with the dealer. They have no insight on their next allocation of SX's. August would be absolute the earliest. Not really an option for me as my current lease ends in late May.

As this stage I could:
  1. Walk from the deal, find another dealer with better allocation who can get me the black interior But, that puts me back at the end of the line...probably past Aug. Also, given the current market situation, I'd most likely be paying a premium above MSRP at the majority of Kia outlets in my area.
  2. Wait it out w/this dealer for a white/black SX AWD
  3. Walk altogether, go for another brand
  4. Take delivery of the White Dune Brown
Questions on Dune Brown:
  1. Those that have the dune brown interior, any likes / dislikes? (I kinda like the black headliner)
  2. On the Kia site, the faux wood trim looks different from the trim in other SX interiors. I appears somewhere shiny vs faux "open pore" wood. Is that actually the case?
Thanks in advance!

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I wish I could get the Dune Brown... I'll buy from your dealer if you don't want it! Seriously though, I personally think it looks great. The biggest difference I could see is a light colored headliner with the black seats versus a dark headliner with the dune brown.

Check out this video: I think it looks great, but I don't have experience with it unfortunately.

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I wish I could get the Dune Brown... I'll buy from your dealer if you don't want it! Seriously though, I personally think it looks great. The biggest difference I could see is a light colored headliner with the black seats versus a dark headliner with the dune brown.

Check out this video: I think it looks great, but I don't have experience with it unfortunately.

Thanks. Great vid.

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
SX Prestige AWD on order here. (w/out tow pkg) Ordered white w/ black interior on 3/16 from a dealer group I've have a long relationship with. Same story as others, been waiting for an ETA date.
In mid April, they contacted me to let me know they don't have a date on the vehicle I ordered. But, could get the exact vehicle w/tow pkg by June. I offered to split the cost with them. They accepted. In the end, I feel I got a fair deal at $48,650 OTD (incl taxes / fees)

Fast forward to this past Monday. I'm told they have a VIN and ETA of late May. I search for the sticker on Kia.com and notice the interior is Dune Brown not Black. Reconnect with the dealer. They have no insight on their next allocation of SX's. August would be absolute the earliest. Not really an option for me as my current lease ends in late May.

As this stage I could:
  1. Walk from the deal, find another dealer with better allocation who can get me the black interior But, that puts me back at the end of the line...probably past Aug. Also, given the current market situation, I'd most likely be paying a premium above MSRP at the majority of Kia outlets in my area.
Questions on Dune Brown:
  1. Those that have the dune brown interior, any likes / dislikes? (I kinda like the black headliner)
  2. On the Kia site, the faux wood trim looks different from the trim in other SX interiors. I appears somewhere shiny vs faux "open pore" wood. Is that actually the case?
Thanks in advance!
The dune brown looks great, especially with the black headliner. The darker wood also looks great. Not shiny at all. The only problem I have with the color is how it looks on the door panels. It seems to be a shade or two lighter and look cheaper. I wish they just left the door panels all black.

Attachments

Crossefire00

Reaction score
The dune brown looks great, especially with the black headliner. The darker wood also looks great. Not shiny at all. The only problem I have with the color is how it looks on the door panels. It seems to be a shade or two lighter and look cheaper. I wish they just left the door panels all black.
I think it looks great! I ordered the dune brown with a white exterior.

cheeks80

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

As this stage I could:
Questions on Dune Brown:
Thanks in advance!
Here is an option. Work it out with your dealer if he would give you a loaner car at no cost if you order one and will have to wait ? My dealer promised me a loner car until mine arrives.

Danielupm

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Congrats!
That is exactly my car. I got it delivered prestige on April 30. Can’t find yet anything I don’t absolutely like about it. The pictures are a little bit dark because it was the night I purchased it.

Attachments

KellyBigham52

Reaction score
That is exactly my car. I got it delivered prestige on April 30. Can’t find yet anything I don’t absolutely like about it. The pictures are a little bit dark because it was the night I purchased it.
This is the color combo I want, can you send me more pictures of the interior? Are you happy you got the brown vs the black?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

trbst11

Reaction score
So a dealer calls me today and they are getting a white sx prestige with dune interior and the person who ordered backed out. This is he color exterior I wanted but I wanted black or grey interior. Help me out. What do you think about the dune interior? I was never a fan but I may be now since who knows when I can get a telluride again. I think the headliner is dark with the dune interior. Thoughts?

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There are a bunch of posts on this topic above to help you make a decision. But, yes, currently it may be difficult to get your preferred combination for a while. Or, order an SX with the black or grey regular leather if you can forgo the prestige options.

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
So a dealer calls me today and they are getting a white sx prestige with dune interior and the person who ordered backed out. This is he color exterior I wanted but I wanted black or grey interior. Help me out. What do you think about the dune interior? I was never a fan but I may be now since who knows when I can get a telluride again. I think the headliner is dark with the dune interior. Thoughts?
To each their own. I personally prefer the dark headliner and love the dune brown seats. Keep in mind this interior also makes the “wood” darker. Please let us know where it is if you don’t take it 😁

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
100% liking the Dune more and more each day.

Attachments