Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Help Me Decide - Dune Brown?

trbst11

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
yes it is growing on me. I already passed up a black copper sx so I am gonna go for the white pearl sx prestige. I am fearful of the light grey interior. my wife has light tan interior in her bmw x3 and it is always dirty. I have black in my escalade and it is 12 years old and the interior still looks great. Dune should hopefully hold up well. Im also excited for wireless phone charger. Means i have to upgrade from my iPhone 6 though. White exterior was the main focus though.

Crossefire00

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So a dealer calls me today and they are getting a white sx prestige with dune interior and the person who ordered backed out. This is he color exterior I wanted but I wanted black or grey interior. Help me out. What do you think about the dune interior? I was never a fan but I may be now since who knows when I can get a telluride again. I think the headliner is dark with the dune interior. Thoughts?
That's what I have on order. They are telling me it will be months.

trbst11

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So dealer calls me today and said I am first on the list for the white sx prestige with dune interior that will be here end of July that another person backed out of. So I’m really excited. Then he tells me that they will be asking over msrp but not sure how much and they know they will be able to sell it. So now I’m disappointed. Not sure what to do. I will feel pretty taken to buy at a premium price. Especially since Volkswagen atlas is $6000 off msrp. Super frustrated. Part of me wants to wait this out and order when the demand dies down.

popcrnchicken

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So dealer calls me today and said I am first on the list for the white sx prestige with dune interior that will be here end of July that another person backed out of. So I’m really excited. Then he tells me that they will be asking over msrp but not sure how much and they know they will be able to sell it. So now I’m disappointed. Not sure what to do. I will feel pretty taken to buy at a premium price. Especially since Volkswagen atlas is $6000 off msrp. Super frustrated. Part of me wants to wait this out and order when the demand dies down.
If you can wait it out, do it. There’s no point in getting taken now if you can wait. Just to have the latest car? I unfortunately don’t have a choice as my lease is ending. I was able to place an order for a non-prestige SX at MSRP yesterday. It’s not what I wanted, but unless I want another car, I don’t really have a choice.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, since it's an SX-P, they will likely ask a minimum of $5k over MSRP. They are probably quite happy that the other person backed out. I think waiting is the best move... or lease a discounted Atlas for 2 years and then pick up a Telluride if you have to have a new car now. Kia just can't produce enough to meet demand, and they likely won't be able to for a couple of years.

Crossefire00

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If my dealership tries to do the same to me when mine arrives, I can't imagine me not completely losing my shit on the salesman and sales manager. We worked through the numbers before my order. If those numbers change because they think they can get more for it, I'll remind them that I put down a deposit based on the original numbers. If they proceed with the bait and switch, I'll talk to my lawyer (happens to be the crease defenseman on my lacrosse team). If that doesn't work out, I'll spend several days in their show room warning other potential customers about their business practices.

Rondakay

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If my dealership tries to do the same to me when mine arrives, I can't imagine me not completely losing my shit on the salesman and sales manager. We worked through the numbers before my order. If those numbers change because they think they can get more for it, I'll remind them that I put down a deposit based on the original numbers. If they proceed with the bait and switch, I'll talk to my lawyer (happens to be the crease defenseman on my lacrosse team). If that doesn't work out, I'll spend several days in their show room warning other potential customers about their business practices.
When Kia sent my confirmation to the dealer there was very specific language that this allotment was specifically for me. If they pull that I would also threaten to discuss this with the manufacturer who provided this vehicle for a specific buyer.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Keep in mind that trbst11 wasn't able to get an order in for an SX-P prior to the cutoff. So, he's chasing unsold inventory. I was doing that too while I wait on order fulfillment, but gave up - because the minute someone backs out of their SX-P order, the dealership adds $$$ for markup to sell to someone else.

As Rondakay noted (and another poster) Kia is releasing these cars to dealers based on sold orders being sold to the person who ordered. If they try to sell that car to someone else for higher price (assuming orderer doesn't back out), then they will be punished.

Crossefire00

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Keep in mind that trbst11 wasn't able to get an order in for an SX-P prior to the cutoff. So, he's chasing unsold inventory. I was doing that too while I wait on order fulfillment, but gave up - because the minute someone backs out of their SX-P order, the dealership adds $$$ for markup to sell to someone else.

As Rondakay noted (and another poster) Kia is releasing these cars to dealers based on sold orders being sold to the person who ordered. If they try to sell that car to someone else for higher price (assuming orderer doesn't back out), then they will be punished.
Yeah. Now I see the difference in scenario. I have had a few bad dealings with car salesmen so I'm always feeling like they are looking for every possible way to screw me over. I guess I should switch to decaf and try to wait this out with a bit of patience. Thanks for the clarification!

13_FST

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Dune brown interior is pure class. It's an excellent interior colour and goes really well with both white and black exterior colour.

I wish we had the brown interior option with Sangria, but we're happy with black leather as we've young kids.

ALupiaTelluride24

Reaction score
I would give a lot for this car haha. I test drove this at the beginning of May. Thought I would wait for my lease to expire in August and buy it then. Now we’re here.
Should have pulled the trigger! I had to go to Maryland to get this. (I live in PA) there’s just none around anywhere with dune.

kmkia

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a SX FWD with espresso brown interior and can share pictures. I ordered 4/30 Snow White Espresso Brown but order still unfulfilled. I think maybe they havent made any of these yet

popcrnchicken

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a SX FWD with espresso brown interior and can share pictures. I ordered 4/30 Snow White Espresso Brown but order still unfulfilled. I think maybe they havent made any of these yet
I saw some on the fb group page. They are out there. There’s also some pics on this forum.