Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Hey Canadian Buyers , who wants the 20" Black wheels ??

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi , I am set on only buying a Telly SX Limited IF I can get it with the black 20" wheels that the US is getting ....................my dealer has confirmed that KIA Canada has decided not to offer them on the SX and above models . Today I sent a note to the Director of Marketing of KIA Canada making a case for the black wheel as an option .Are there any others that want them ?? We need to assemble as a group to press for their availability . Let me know and I'll gladly take the lead on this with KIA .

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Myself I would also like to be able to buy as an option or standard those 20" black wheels on the SX ... or maybe even on the EX.

Why does the Canadian SX come standard with the silver 20" wheels from the American S model ... which is below the EX trim level ? Makes no sense.

Appl2noe

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I currently drive a stinger. Love that car but it’s too impractical for my new career. People stop and stare everyday... but my coworkers tease me about driving a Kia. The Telluride is yet another shockingly good vehicle.... but those damn rims drive me mental and are kind of a turn off. ALL the promo photos are with the black wheels - so why wouldn’t we get them?

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I currently drive a stinger. Love that car but it’s too impractical for my new career. People stop and stare everyday... but my coworkers tease me about driving a Kia. The Telluride is yet another shockingly good vehicle.... but those damn rims drive me mental and are kind of a turn off. ALL the promo photos are with the black wheels - so why wouldn’t we get them?
Same here , I have a Stinger GT LTD as well , Im thinking we need a petition to KIA Canada to get this changed , the S,SX wheel just sucks !!

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I havent decided , I'm waiting till the winter for sure . I want to make sure they get all the kinks worked out of the new car and the supply is better so at least there's an opportunity to negotiate a bit .

j4ypal

Reaction score
I was planning to buy a Telluride in a few months but the chrome wheels are a real turnoff. I was fully expecting the black wheels since that's what is shown in all the videos. I will still consider the Telluride but I will take a hard look at the new Highlander before I do anything. If you need one more signature I'm in.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was planning to buy a Telluride in a few months but the chrome wheels are a real turnoff. I was fully expecting the black wheels since that's what is shown in all the videos. I will still consider the Telluride but I will take a hard look at the new Highlander before I do anything. If you need one more signature I'm in.
Thanks , I'm waiting for a reply from the Dir of Marketing at Kia Canada , It may be best for anyone wanting this wheel to email him directly , I'll happily pass along his contact info after he responds . I think the SX looks terrible with those OEM wheels , they made a bad decision to not extend the Black wheel for all North America .......

Appl2noe

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks , I'm waiting for a reply from the Dir of Marketing at Kia Canada , It may be best for anyone wanting this wheel to email him directly , I'll happily pass along his contact info after he responds . I think the SX looks terrible with those OEM wheels , they made a bad decision to not extend the Black wheel for all North America .......
Can you dm me his email?

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Can you dm me his email?
I will after he responds , I sent it after hours on Friday which I'm assuming he would not respond to until Monday ...............my first email was to a person that left the company that I had been in contact with when I was pre purchasing my Stinger .............after no response from him I researched and determined he has left and a new guy was there which I have reached out to ..................they made a big mistake with this wheel and we need to help them correct this decision .......................weird how they nailed it with the Stinger in Canada vs the US ( standard options ) and then this silly wheel for the SX and above

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Quick update , I got a response from Kia Canada , they said the black wheel was introduced late into the planning mix for the SX and their US supplier is unable to commit to the Canadian volumes ????? He also said Canadian dealers are going to be given a range of black wheel options ........................my question to him was " can we exchange the OEM 20s for a Black 20" wheel option at no cost .....................I'll keep you posted ......

Last edited:

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Kia Canada , is NOT offering the 20" black wheels BUT they have developed a list of suitable wheels for sale at YOUR cost....... They just never seem to get it right , the Telly is the only SUV in the segment NOT to have a Black Wheel option ..................weak !!!

The list below is being sent to all Kia dealers in Canada , so they expect us to fork out another 1400 for wheels ? and what do we do the those ugly OEMs , who would buy them ???

https://www.fastwheels.ca/categories.aspx?v=kia_2020_telluride_sx+limited+v6+awd-sx+limited+v6+awd_s

Last edited:

j4ypal

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. You're right, Kia has really dropped the ball on this. I will be watching the new Highlander annoucement in two weeks and I might take that instead.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. You're right, Kia has really dropped the ball on this. I will be watching the new Highlander annoucement in two weeks and I might take that instead.
Do everyone a favour and send a strongly worded note to kia Canada expressing your dissapointment and make sure the Dealer GM is aware as well .................we can get tho=is fixed wit enough pressure in the right spots

j4ypal

Reaction score
Do everyone a favour and send a strongly worded note to kia Canada expressing your dissapointment and make sure the Dealer GM is aware as well .................we can get tho=is fixed wit enough pressure in the right spots
Yes no problem. Can you send me the email of the Kia Canada contact I need to write to?