Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Hi, I'm a new owner and member

Coloroadrider

Reaction score
I bought my Telluride Tuesday night. Before that I owned a Kia Sorento. I felt the Sorento was too much of a family car. It reviews, I heard it called a minivan crossover, a minivan with the style of a SUV and also just called a minivan. I wanted a car with room but that also had a rugged feel and look, so I bough the Telluride. I love it. I hope they begin making other accessories for it soon!

VB-VA

Reaction score
I bought my Telluride Tuesday night. Before that I owned a Kia Sorento. I felt the Sorento was too much of a family car. It reviews, I heard it called a minivan crossover, a minivan with the style of a SUV and also just called a minivan. I wanted a car with room but that also had a rugged feel and look, so I bough the Telluride. I love it. I hope they begin making other accessories for it soon!
Congratulations 🎉

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Am happy you got what model you wanted... Some of us are waiting.... I ordered an SXP AWD with tow...so ..on a list...3rd month. My dealer had 15 initially tho not what I wanted. He sold them all and I went back to check the lot and found he got 6 more..mostly EX and S. He sells them as soon as they hit the lot. So KUDOS and Congrats... I patiently wait... Black on Black in Black...

Coloroadrider

Reaction score
Yes, I got lucky, my Telluride was delivered to the dealer only a couple of hours before my wife and I got there. The sales person said he had just finished calling 13 people that were waiting for the Telluride to come it. They go on a first come first serve basis. If I had waited until the next day, it probably would have been gone. He said that KIA was only going to produce 40,000 Telluride's this year, since they didn't know how they were going to sell. They're selling very well!!!!.

emj123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I can't imagine waiting 3 months for a Kia. I mean, I like mine, but if I was told I'd have to wait more than a few days, I would have gone down the street and bought something different. But hey, that's just me.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

np86

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that.
I would have never imagined waiting 3 months for a Kia! But alas, I am in that boat and am ok with waiting, but only because we're not in a time crunch. My wife and I wanted a 3rd row SUV for around $50k (+ttl) and this fits the bill pretty perfectly. My parents have a sportage and I swore before car shopping that I would never buy a Kia because I really hate the way that car drives, but the telluride drives really well (compared to many other similarly priced SUVs).
We looked at "luxury" SUVs in that price range, but all you can find are CPOs and we live in NY and those are hard miles on a car. Didn't make sense for us to spend that much on a car that's used and probably been driven hard.

emj123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I would have never imagined waiting 3 months for a Kia! But alas, I am in that boat and am ok with waiting, but only because we're not in a time crunch. My wife and I wanted a 3rd row SUV for around $50k (+ttl) and this fits the bill pretty perfectly. My parents have a sportage and I swore before car shopping that I would never buy a Kia because I really hate the way that car drives, but the telluride drives really well (compared to many other similarly priced SUVs).
We looked at "luxury" SUVs in that price range, but all you can find are CPOs and we live in NY and those are hard miles on a car. Didn't make sense for us to spend that much on a car that's used and probably been driven hard.
I agree with you that it drives REALLY nice. I'm salty at the moment because mine is sitting in my garage with a busted rear window. (totally my fault). I also loved how the Ascent drove and probably would have gotten that if the price were a little less.

np86

Reaction score
I agree with you that it drives REALLY nice. I'm salty at the moment because mine is sitting in my garage with a busted rear window. (totally my fault). I also loved how the Ascent drove and probably would have gotten that if the price were a little less.
Never test drove the ascent, wife didn't like the look of it.
Even if they all drove equally and prices were similar, I would give the edge to the telluride, because I just think it looks much better than all the other similar SUVs. Plus it helps that absolutely fully loaded its around $48k (MSRP).

Btw, just saw the pics of your window and gotta say, ouch. I'm shocked there have been multiple victims of assault by garage door already!

emj123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Never test drove the ascent, wife didn't like the look of it.
Even if they all drove equally and prices were similar, I would give the edge to the telluride, because I just think it looks much better than all the other similar SUVs. Plus it helps that absolutely fully loaded its around $48k (MSRP).

Btw, just saw the pics of your window and gotta say, ouch. I'm shocked there have been multiple victims of assault by garage door already!
Thanks man. It sucks! And I will also agree with you about the looks of the Ascent vs the Telluride. But I have owned several Subarus over the years and they have always been good to me, so I felt really comfortable considering the Ascent. The jury is still out on the Kia for me, but their reliability ranking is excellent. I hope that ends up holding true for both of us!

Jdrn21

Reaction score
I can't imagine waiting 3 months for a Kia. I mean, I like mine, but if I was told I'd have to wait more than a few days, I would have gone down the street and bought something different. But hey, that's just me.
I just placed an order last week and am prepared to wait the 3 months. It doesnt matter is its a Kia or a Shelby GT. Conversely, I'd never go "down the street" just to grab something else. To each their own though.

emj123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I just placed an order last week and am prepared to wait the 3 months. It doesnt matter is its a Kia or a Shelby GT. Conversely, I'd never go "down the street" just to grab something else. To each their own though.
What I meant by that was, that there are so many good options out there, that I wouldn't wait that long. It's just a car. Do I like it? Yeah. But after owning it for 2 months, I can definitely say that, to me, it's not worth waiting 3 months for.

plutoridge

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
For me, Telluride was the only vehicle in this category and at this price point, ticking most of my boxes. I waited till Telluride arrive as other wise it would have been a compromise for me. Palisade was an option, as it's mostly similar but then I didn't wait for Palisade to arrive and just went ahead with Kia.

emj123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
For me, Telluride was the only vehicle in this category and at this price point, ticking most of my boxes. I waited till Telluride arrive as other wise it would have been a compromise for me. Palisade was an option, as it's mostly similar but then I didn't wait for Palisade to arrive and just went ahead with Kia.
I like the real shifter on the Kia!