Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

How do I change cities for my weather widget?

Candi

Reaction score
How do I change cities for my weather widget? It shows a city I don’t live in and when I click on other cities it has other cities I don’t live by and it won’t let me search for my city?

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
As a wild guess HD radio is not broadcasting in your city, thus doesn't show your local town. This could be a shortcoming of having it only fed by HD radio signals. If you don't have that signal around you then you don't get local weather...

As a side question, if you do get this weather locally, would it broadcast severe Weather warnings etc. for the area you are driving in? The travel and weather subscription for SXM will....But I don't know if the Telly's infotainment will interpret/receive it if you subscribed to it........

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think Kia should do a software fix to fallback (in case of no local HD radio broadcast) to pull weather info from connected phone via UVO app.

Koreywil

Reaction score
How do I change cities for my weather widget? It shows a city I don’t live in and when I click on other cities it has other cities I don’t live by and it won’t let me search for my city?
I'm having the same problem but if I search my city it will let me click on it view it but not set it as a default

pman

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem but if I search my city it will let me click on it view it but not set it as a default
I'm having this same issue as well. Traffic and Doppler detects ok. But the default city always defaults to Detroit.

Member Support

Please keep ths community Ad Free with a Supporting Member account today! For as little as $0.05 per day, you can keep this community online and ad free. CLICK HERE to send your support!