No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

How do I change cities for my weather widget?

Candi

Reaction score
How do I change cities for my weather widget? It shows a city I don’t live in and when I click on other cities it has other cities I don’t live by and it won’t let me search for my city?

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
As a wild guess HD radio is not broadcasting in your city, thus doesn't show your local town. This could be a shortcoming of having it only fed by HD radio signals. If you don't have that signal around you then you don't get local weather...

As a side question, if you do get this weather locally, would it broadcast severe Weather warnings etc. for the area you are driving in? The travel and weather subscription for SXM will....But I don't know if the Telly's infotainment will interpret/receive it if you subscribed to it........

Koreywil

Reaction score
How do I change cities for my weather widget? It shows a city I don’t live in and when I click on other cities it has other cities I don’t live by and it won’t let me search for my city?
I'm having the same problem but if I search my city it will let me click on it view it but not set it as a default

G

G-737082

Same issue, always defaults to Detroit and I live in Calgary, Alberta! However will be handy next time I visit Detroit on vacation hehehe! Right after I visit another safe place like Somalia!

c.hanky

Reaction score
Same issue, I live in Calgary as well and it does the same thing defaulting to Detroit when going back to the home screen. Not the end of the world but would be nice to see your own city.

Ankpat296

Reaction score
in Toronto we have the HD radio which I listen to everyday, but it still shows me Markham temp all the time. that is weird. I guess we are all on same page.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

KingTitan

Reaction score
Same issue, I live in Calgary as well and it does the same thing defaulting to Detroit when going back to the home screen. Not the end of the world but would be nice to see your own city.
I am in Calgary as well. New update came out last week that fixed this for Canadian Models, see my post.