Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

How does ordering the car you want work?

Hatchmo75

Reaction score
For anyone who has special
Ordered a SX, how long did it take to take to receive the vehicle? I ordered mine on April 28, a SX with the prestige package and after almost eight weeks, I have not received it and the dealership has no idea when I will receive it.
You ordered it a couple of weeks before they halted orders on the SX with Prestige package due to the backlog. Everything I’ve read is that you probably won’t see it until 3-4 months after ordering.

Rondakay

Staff member
Reaction score
Not necessarily 3-4 monthsI I ordered a Silver SXP on May 11. Got confirmation and order number on May 31, got ETA of 7/7 on June 4th. Pretty smooth process thus far but I am working with a small town dealer who has been just great at communicating with me.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Kirkster

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Not necessarily 3-4 monthsI I ordered a Silver SXP on May 11. Got confirmation and order number on May 31, got ETA of 7/7 on June 4th. Pretty smooth process thus far but I am working with a small town dealer who has been just great at communicating with me.
I ordered mine on 4/24 and my dealer emailed me today to tell me still no word yet....

Hatchmo75

Reaction score
I said probably 3-4 months. There are factors such as color combinations and dealer allocation that play into it. It isn’t a first come first serve setup.

Rondakay

Staff member
Reaction score
I said probably 3-4 months. There are factors such as color combinations and dealer allocation that play into it. It isn’t a first come first serve setup.
Absolutely, I have wondered if my black interior made the time to an ETA a little faster. Also the fact that I was the only SXP order placed at my dealer probably allowed quicker allocation.

G

G-408761

For anyone who has special
Ordered a SX, how long did it take to take to receive the vehicle? I ordered mine on April 28, a SX with the prestige package and after almost eight weeks, I have not received it and the dealership has no idea when I will receive it.
Our dealer told us today that an SX is taking about 10-14 weeks.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I ordered SX Prestige Dark Moss/Black on 4/22..checked with my dealer today and they have a date of 7/31 right now but sales manager said it'll probably be a couple weeks earlier than that. He said they usually are coming in a couple weeks before the estimated date.

Rondakay

Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered SX Prestige Dark Moss/Black on 4/22..checked with my dealer today and they have a date of 7/31 right now but sales manager said it'll probably be a couple weeks earlier than that. He said they usually are coming in a couple weeks before the estimated date.
Gosh I wish mine would come in two weeks early!! ETA 7/7

Rob

Reaction score
I ordered an SX with tow package and got it about invoice ($2000 below MSRP). A good high volume dealer should do this. I did not have to finance at time of ordering, but just have to give a REFUNDABLE $1000 deposit in good faith. I also will get any financing rebates that are available when the car comes in. The dealer can’t predict that.

I may be wrong, but I don’t think you can modify the ordering options beyond what is published on the website under BUILD. For instance, you can’t skip rust protection, and you can’t skip applying logos.
I think rust protection is added at the factory and is part of their warranty, so i don't believe it can be changed. However dealer logos are 100% optional and usually not applied until delivered to the dealer. I've factory ordered several vehicles and have always asked for no dealer logos/decals to be added and none of my vehicles have any logos or decals other than those identifying the make/model.