Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

how to buy a kia telluride

Jenny Wang

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If you keep cars for a long time it's definitely best to buy. Of course. I'd like to lease the Telluride but I'm a little worried about mileage. 10,000 a year is always a nice lease price but I'm probably somewhere between 12,500 and 15,000 unfortunately. And that brings the lease price up high in most circumstances. I guess we'll have to see what the lease deals will be like. We need some insight into that pronto!!

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I say don't fall for dealer markups! It appears the Telluride is just about ready to drop at a few dealers across the United States. As mentioned by @Destrukt, "Just remember, don't get sucked into the buying frenzy. It is a buyers market and these cars will eventually have major discounts and if you drive this car off the lot with a jacked premium you will have major negative equity by the time the 2021 model hits the floor."

AnyVare

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Like all new cars, there will be markups (if demand is high), there will be little to no discounts and there will be poor lease deals. Only once the market and dealers have cars sitting on the lot will we see discounts and good lease deals. If you want the best deal....wait. If you want the car first, suck it up. :)

Jenny Wang

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Like all new cars, there will be markups (if demand is high), there will be little to no discounts and there will be poor lease deals. Only once the market and dealers have cars sitting on the lot will we see discounts and good lease deals. If you want the best deal....wait. If you want the car first, suck it up. :)
Sad but true. They have no reason to give discounts in the beginning. And I bet it's going to stay that way for awhile because the Telluride is gonna attract alot of attention.

AnyVare

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I stopped in a dealer today to look at some EX models, before I left...I spoke with a manager who claimed the SX models were only going to be about 3% of their allocations. If I wanted an SX, he recommended ordering one. Since the mid-tier models are sub-40K, I guess that makes sense. Anyone else hearing similar?

kkw

Reaction score
I went to one dealer today who tried to charge $5k over the Kia website cost, but I talked them down to $500 under the website price to pre-order (and giving me a loaner till it comes in), then they tried to badmouth another dealership who at least told me the right price. I didn't wheel and deal with that guy yet. I would make them stick to the price on Kia.com. Just my two cents.

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My dealership has 3 ex and one sx. The ex are $2300-$2500 off sticker and sx is $2950 off sticker. Glad they already have a discount , now I’m just waiting for for the founder club incentive and other incentives.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I stopped in a dealer today to look at some EX models, before I left...I spoke with a manager who claimed the SX models were only going to be about 3% of their allocations. If I wanted an SX, he recommended ordering one. Since the mid-tier models are sub-40K, I guess that makes sense. Anyone else hearing similar?
Yeah, that'll be different on a dealer by dealer basis. If a dealer sells a lot of Stinger GTs and K900s, they'll get more expensive Tellurides because their clients warrant having them in inventory. If their customers buy mostly Rios and Fortes, it wouldn't make too much sense to stock a lot of Tellurides with the SX package...
I went to one dealer today who tried to charge $5k over the Kia website cost, but I talked them down to $500 under the website price to pre-order (and giving me a loaner till it comes in), then they tried to badmouth another dealership who at least told me the right price. I didn't wheel and deal with that guy yet. I would make them stick to the price on Kia.com. Just my two cents.
This always happens in the beginning with a new model. Especially one that's attracting a lot of attention, like the Telluride...

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
the one on our dealers showroom they had 4900 in extras, one was interior protection package and the other was an exterior protection package. One of those no thank you, let me know when you get a new one in without it.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
the one on our dealers showroom they had 4900 in extras, one was interior protection package and the other was an exterior protection package. One of those no thank you, let me know when you get a new one in without it.
Of course, I understand why they add these packages - to make money. But they should also keep in mind that just getting Tellurides out on the street is going to make them money as well. The more people see and notice the Telluride, the more people are going to walk in asking questions. If people aren't buying them because of the markups, well, you can see the problem...