No soliciting permitted.

How to remove the front grille badge without breaking anything

Andymoney

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey guys,

If you plan on debadging. Here is a tip on the front emblem. Take the BLACK surrounding circle holding the KIA badge off! See pictures below. It just pops off. I put a plastic puddie knife behind and pulled forward, carefully.

Then I posted the finished results. The back badge is just held on with glue. The easiest place to get a tool underneath the badge is the bottom of it ( on mine anyway)

Attachments

sportsguy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey guys,

If you plan on debadging. Here is a tip on the front emblem. Take the BLACK surrounding circle holding the KIA badge off! See pictures below. It just pops off. I put a plastic puddie knife behind and pulled forward, carefully.

Then I posted the finished results. The back badge is just held on with glue. The easiest place to get a tool underneath the badge is the bottom of it ( on mine anyway)
did you have to order the Black SX or was that at a dealer lot? Look great. Do you have the white/grey interior?

Andymoney

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
did you have to order the Black SX or was that at a dealer lot? Look great. Do you have the white/grey interior?
I put a deposit down and they ordered it. See pics of interior

Attachments

CAsuKiHy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I don’t know the history behind that emblem, but whenever before I used to see a car with that badge, I thought it was a Lexus.

Andymoney

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks awesome! ... Black out that chrome trim on the sides, and it would really be hot !
Wife won’t let me. Trust me. I hate the damn chrome.

The Telluride letter is bolted on.

It does look like Lexus and it’s the South Korean kia symbol

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Great info , Thanks ! Do you think it would be possible to remove the back badge from the front grill ??

Andymoney

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Great info , Thanks ! Do you think it would be possible to remove the back badge from the front grill ??
I know what you mean. Honestly didn’t look close enough. But the grill is designed to stop where the black circle is. So it wouldn’t like right.

Augie1209

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just a heads up, anyone looking to do front badge on the LX it is not the same setup as the higher trims. There is not the black frame piece that the SX has. You have to pull the entire badge off and tabs will break off when you do so, it is not nearly as easy and requires a bigger deal of strength to get the badge to pop off.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, anyone looking to do front badge on the LX it is not the same setup as the higher trims. There is not the black frame piece that the SX has. You have to pull the entire badge off and tabs will break off when you do so, it is not nearly as easy and requires a bigger deal of strength to get the badge to pop off.
Very interesting. And thank you for letting us know. This definitely makes a good case to use the metal skins...

MiamiTelluride99

Reaction score
I pick up the badges from the dealership and they sent me to their bodyshop because they didn't want to be responsible for taking the front bumper off to change the front badge. In the past they scratch the bumpers and had to repaint them in the past. Costing the dealership money. I feel weird about having the body shop take my bumper off to just switch the badge..

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
I pick up the badges from the dealership and they sent me to their bodyshop because they didn't want to be responsible for taking the front bumper off to change the front badge. In the past they scratch the bumpers and had to repaint them in the past. Costing the dealership money. I feel weird about having the body shop take my bumper off to just switch the badge..
Something doesn't sound right here... I haven't heard anyone need to take off the front bumper to install an emblem...