Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Huge Favor for Telluride Owners, Height of the Telluride to the rear Sharkfin antenna

Bruce_wayne8887

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If anyone has any free time I was wondering if anyone could take some measurements for me. Can anyone measure from the bottom to the top of the roof in the back(not to the roof rails or antenna). Then Measure from the top of the antenna to the roof. My thinking is these 2 numbers would give me the overall height of the telluride. (worried about garage clearance.) I would go to a dealer but they are all over an hour away and None of them seem to want to part with a telluride for a couple hours on a saturday. My garage door is a manual pull up garage door without a motor and it sloops down a little bit. Max height at the opening is 71.5 inches tall. The telluride is tough to figure the max height since the roof has a curve down in the back. The Antenna also appears to be taller than the roof rails so my thinking is if you measure the telluride in the rear from bottom to the roof then add in from roof to antenna it would give me the max height. I do not think the 69.3 inch tall height included the Antenna in the height.

Buckeye-TRide

Reaction score
Ok so 3 things:

1. I didn’t realize mine even had a shark fin lol
2. You’re right it’s a pain in the butt to actually measure due to the slope of the roof
3. I’d say the roof is about 67-68” (also hard because of the spoiler and the roof rails obstructing my view. And the fin is 2 3/4”. That puts you at 69 3/4”-70 3/4”. I’d say you’re safe but my measure was more of an estimate than anything due to the roof shape.

Hope that helps.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
take a long piece of 1x2 and a level , place the 1x2 on side and put one end on the shark fin and raise it till you hit level , then get someone to measure the distance to the floor with a tape

jtpt33810

Reaction score
I measured my EX with 18 in. rims from the back and the side and came up with 69 3/4 in. to the top of the antenna

Bruce_wayne8887

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok so 3 things:

1. I didn’t realize mine even had a shark fin lol
2. You’re right it’s a pain in the butt to actually measure due to the slope of the roof
3. I’d say the roof is about 67-68” (also hard because of the spoiler and the roof rails obstructing my view. And the fin is 2 3/4”. That puts you at 69 3/4”-70 3/4”. I’d say you’re safe but my measure was more of an estimate than anything due to the roof shape.

Hope that helps.
Thanks That should fit fine then :) Thank you and everyone for helping out a stranger!!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.