Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Hyundai Palisade - Anyone buying instead of Telluride?

sportsguy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyone buying the Hyundai Palisade instead of the Telluride?

I do like the all digital instrument cluster better than Telluride, but prefer the Telluride grill / front better than Palisade. Interior is a tie based on your personal preference I guess.

tallLeRoy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My choice will depend on the front seats of the highest trim for both. Better seats win. Four way lumbar for driver and passenger would be ideal.

Have to wait for Pasadena trim levels. Maybe this week with the New York Auto Show.

mikeg112

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’m waiting it out until I can get pricing, trim levels and availability on the Palisade before I pull the trigger on the telluride. Hopefully they will have more info in May

ATL3630

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The Palisade is going to be a great vehicle for Hyundai. It's really selling well in Korea and I bet it will here as well.

Personally I chose not to wait for it for several reasons, although none of them are really all that big of a deal.
I don't like the button selector for shifting from drive, reverse, etc.
I don't like the look of the center console.
The front grill...can't make up my mind on that. Leaning towards liking it, but not sure.
I think it will be a little more expensive than the Telluride, and I spent as much as I wanted to spend on a vehicle with my SX.
It looks more akin to a wagon than an SUV. Something about the c-pillar gives it a wagon look IMO.

These are all just preferences. It's really set to be a success. Hyundai and Kia are really doing well.

Michi-Tell

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Another design element of the Palisade which leaves me in confict is the front grille. Actually, I like the grille, which to me has a high-end appearance, but I don't like the way the slanted Hyundai logo looks on it. Someone talented could probably make a good amount of money by designing a badge overlay that completely covers that logo with a pattern continuation theme, giving the illusion of no badge or logo at all. Just that high-end looking grille in all its glory. It would require a keen eye and a precise incorporation of the existing grille pattern. It would also probably involve, in application, removing the front badge mount for a flat canvas. If I were to buy the Palisade I'd be first in line to buy an overlay like that for the front grille. If done right it could look amazing, imo.

Attachments

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

cmoses

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I saw a commercial for the Palisade last night. Well it was a commercial for all Hyundai SUV's, Tucson, Santa Fe, Kona and the Palisade. They mention it's the first 8 passenger SUV and it's coming soon. I am not a big fan of the front lights from what I have seen. They just seem odd to me.

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I went to my auto show back over a month ago and they had the pallaside. I actually liked it better , it has some more features than the telluride. I sat inside it for awhile and played around with everything. I like the interior better and the exterior better other than the huge grill. They didn’t have a model type on it but it was similar to the telluride ex with a couple additions like 3rd row power drop seats.
I ended up getting the telluride a out a week start that because I got a decent price and just didn’t want to wait. I’m very happy with my purchase (actually lease)!

Yooshaw

Reaction score
I'm considering the Telluride, Palisade, and upcoming Genesis GV-80 - leaning towards Palisade, but waiting to see what the Genesis will look like and offer. I have time though, in no rush to purchase.

TellurideSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This is either someone confused about wheel and tire packages, or worse.....the fact that they think it has more features is already a flag....and no- I don’t consider a digital cluster or power collapse rear seats a significant feature.

They are essentially the same.