No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

I just got my Telluride, what should I do to set it up?

NREVANS

Reaction score
I know there are a whole bunch of different things that people have found since they've gotten their rides, like audio settings, Apple CarPlay, etc. Y'all help me come up with a list of things to take care of/help me learn this car faster. Anything you can help me with would be greatly appreciated!

keithdalziel

Reaction score
I know there are a whole bunch of different things that people have found since they've gotten their rides, like audio settings, Apple CarPlay, etc. Y'all help me come up with a list of things to take care of/help me learn this car faster. Anything you can help me with would be greatly appreciated!
Biggest change for me was playing with audio settings. I don't remember what it's called, but with the tap of the screen the HK system in the SX goes from ok to awesome.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

blitt

Reaction score
One of the things I did after I got the vehicle was spend some time reading and re-reading all the stuff in the manual about the various settings.....actually just sat in the vehicle while doing some of the reading!! ....but then, I'm old and retired and have nothing else to do!:cool:
Seriously though.....the manual really does explain a lot.

SorentoSXL

Reaction score
The first thing you need to do is to post some pics!

But I would say set up the adaptive cruise/active safety systems.
1) Set the adaptive resume speed (or whatever it's called) to fast. Otherwise, after it brakes it will take forever to re-accelerate and people will honk at you.
2) set the one touch blinker to 5 flashes
3) set up your easy exit seat (I turned mine off) and memory position
4) adjust the height of the HUD
5) select the bass boost option under Advance section of the audio tuning menu
6) select what function you want for the "favorite" button (the little star button toward the right)

That should be enough to start! Congrats again!

raydog9379

Reaction score
Do all of what the others said and...

I setup the auto heat/cooling for the seat and steering wheel upon start up. I thought that was pretty cool in the middle of winter for me in the Chicago area.

I have 3 kids, so one is in the 3rd row. Setup the "Star" optional button to be the voice over speakers/rear talk option.

I also got SmartLiners (threw the orig. mats in the under cargo area in the back), and the Kia tablet holders (along with Amazon HD tablets, and bluetooth headphones).

I also just bought the Kia mud guards/flaps off eBay (for just under $100 w/ shipping and tax) since I'm noticing a ton of crud/mud/splashing in the bottom plastic trim area that I have to clean, more than any of my other vehicles I've owned. I've never been one for mud flaps, but these look very minimal and seem to finish off the bottom trim well from pictures I see. If they cut down the crud a little bit or keep a rock from chipping my paint somewhere, then I will consider it a win. Should get them mid-late next week.

Buy some new cleaning products, because why not :) Adams has a sale right now for BOGO on many of their products which ends tonight. Including some of their ceramic products. I bought a bunch of things on a Black Friday deal when we ordered our car, I like their interior detailers, leather cleaners, and snow foams, etc..

Jaggrey

Reaction score
Biggest change for me was playing with audio settings. I don't remember what it's called, but with the tap of the screen the HK system in the SX goes from ok to awesome.
Qls is what I think it is called.
Is that available when using CarPlay? I think I only see that option when my phone is connected using Bluetooth.
Do all of what the others said and...

I setup the auto heat/cooling for the seat and steering wheel upon start up. I thought that was pretty cool in the middle of winter for me in the Chicago area.
Where is that option?

raydog9379

Reaction score
Where is that option?
Option for the auto heated/cooled seats and steering wheel.

> Settings
>> Seat
>>> Heated/Ventilated Features
>>>> Auto Comfort Control
>>>>> Check ON/Uncheck OFF
- Steering Wheel Warmer
- Seat Warmer/Ventilation

Sometimes it turns it off too early, but it's as easy as hitting a button to turn the seat heater back on or the steering wheel heater.

raydog9379

Reaction score
Buy some new cleaning products, because why not :) Adams has a sale right now for BOGO on many of their products which ends tonight. Including some of their ceramic products. I bought a bunch of things on a Black Friday deal when we ordered our car, I like their interior detailers, leather cleaners, and snow foams, etc..
....and I just caused myself to buy some stuff. BTW, they have hand sanitizer spray (75% alcohol), soaps, disinfectants, and cleaners out there too. A number of the car care companies are making them since they have the ability to get mass quantities of alcohol and such. Bought a few hand sanitizers too on top of the leather cleaner, matte leather dressing, detail spray, wheel cleaner, and they threw in a free hand soap on top of my BOGO's as well.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If you do not have small children / child seats, disable Rear Occupancy Alert. It is SUPER sensitive and wind with windows cracked open will set it off!

NREVANS

Reaction score
If you do not have small children / child seats, disable Rear Occupancy Alert. It is SUPER sensitive and wind with windows cracked open will set it off!
I’ve got a small kid and trying to have another so I’m gonna leave that on, but thanks for the info!

blitt

Reaction score
The first thing you need to do is to post some pics!

But I would say set up the adaptive cruise/active safety systems.
1) Set the adaptive resume speed (or whatever it's called) to fast. Otherwise, after it brakes it will take forever to re-accelerate and people will honk at you.
2) set the one touch blinker to 5 flashes
3) set up your easy exit seat (I turned mine off) and memory position
4) adjust the height of the HUD
5) select the bass boost option under Advance section of the audio tuning menu
6) select what function you want for the "favorite" button (the little star button toward the right)

That should be enough to start! Congrats again!
Well said! .....particularly agree with #6 as being very helpful! Wonder how many of us remember the days of " grab the lever and set your seat positon, select your push button radio buttons for either am or fm, adjust your mirrors, turn the key and start the car!"

Jaggrey

Reaction score
Option for the auto heated/cooled seats and steering wheel.

> Settings
>> Seat
>>> Heated/Ventilated Features
>>>> Auto Comfort Control
>>>>> Check ON/Uncheck OFF
- Steering Wheel Warmer
- Seat Warmer/Ventilation

Sometimes it turns it off too early, but it's as easy as hitting a button to turn the seat heater back on or the steering wheel heater.
I don’t have that option. You’re talking about on the main screen, under Vehicle Settings right? I have an SX non P.