No soliciting permitted.

Illuminated Scuff Plate

charles eller

Reaction score
I ordered in Feb 2020, unit came in 7/28/2020 with black interior, ordered dune brown. The next order came in without the ordered illuminated scuff plate. Dealer says it is no longer an option. Does anybody have evidence that the option exist on a 2021 SX AWD, T/P, Black Copper, Dune Brown interior.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Familyman20

Reaction score
Charles sounds like you need a new dealer. They seem to be wanting to sell you previously allocated units and will tell you anything for the sale.
Who knows where your originally ordered vehicle is if they even ordered it for you. GL

rbfromma

Reaction score
I agree it sounds like the dealer is trying to get you in to one of their allocations and not necessarily in to something ordered specifically for you. That being said, recently there was some talk that some options were being limited or showing as unavailable to order. One of those options being limited was the illuminated scuff plates. Best guess is they are/were having supply issues with them. Hopefully they are back to allowing them to be ordered. There have definitely been some recent VINs on failcat showing them.

zimmjd

Reaction score
I ordered in Feb 2020, unit came in 7/28/2020 with black interior, ordered dune brown. The next order came in without the ordered illuminated scuff plate. Dealer says it is no longer an option. Does anybody have evidence that the option exist on a 2021 SX AWD, T/P, Black Copper, Dune Brown interior.
I ordered in July a 21 SXP w/ Towing, Grey, Grey w/ illuminated scuff plate, have a vin and is being delivered around 11/1

w8rner

Reaction score
Same here. We ordered with illuminated scuff plates back in August, received VIN in early October and she should be at the dealer this week.

TellTastic

Reaction score
So, two things here:
It does sound like your dealer is trying to give you an allocated unit and not your order. (It is possible that it didn’t even get ordered. You’d know more than us just speculating)

BUT as far as the illuminated sill plates - it is rumored that some of the plant installed options have been offed to the dealer to install in order to increase production rates at the facility

That all being said, I ordered mine in August with illuminated sills and it arrived in late September with them installed from factory.

If the vehicle doesn’t arrive to dealer installed when you ordered them that way, your dealer should be able to install them and honor the price you paid for when ordering