Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Illuminated Scuff Plates

D Faul

Reaction score
I didn't because I figured the pickier I got with my request the longer it would take to come in lol. While completely unnecessary like you said, my wife seems to be amazed by shiny things so I still may look into getting them once my SX comes in.

Post pics when you have yours.

Tcobb1956

Reaction score
I didn't because I figured the pickier I got with my request the longer it would take to come in lol. While completely unnecessary like you said, my wife seems to be amazed by shiny things so I still may look into getting them once my SX comes in.

I have a white SX with butterscotch interior and would like the illuminated scuff plates. Can they be installed at the dealership or is that a feature that has to be installed by the manufacturer?

Crossefire00

Reaction score
I have a white SX with butterscotch interior and would like the illuminated scuff plates. Can they be installed at the dealership or is that a feature that has to be installed by the manufacturer?
I think one of the members is a KIA advisor or something to that effect. Maybe he can answer that. I feel like it would require some custome work after the fact.

Crossefire00

Reaction score

In hindsight, I agree with your logic. That being said, I, like your wife, am fond of shiny things. I just put my order in on 5/7. I may see it by this fall. lol

cmoses

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Do we know if they are only illuminated in the front row or also in the back entrances as well.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ColMo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have a Telluride Accessories Brochure I picked up from the dealer - it is shown in the Brochure both lighted and non lighted - the fine print at the back of the Brochure regarding warranty indicates all items in Brochure are eligible to be dealer installed. I posted the Brochure under the “Any word on side steps option availability?” Thread - Post 9

Tellyride365

Reaction score
I opted not to order them on my build. I asked many of the technicians where I work what they think about them considering they're put in other Kia vehicles as well.

They all said they tend to short out or corrode easily and cause issues down the line. Keep in mind I live in Northeast Ohio where snow and rain seem to be never ending. They said think of where they're located....if there is snow on the ground then that area is going to be constantly hit with snow and salt.

They suggested not to order them because of those reasons. If you live somewhere with no snow I imagine these things mentioned won't be as big of an issue.

Tcobb1956

Reaction score
I opted not to order them on my build. I asked many of the technicians where I work what they think about them considering they're put in other Kia vehicles as well.

They all said they tend to short out or corrode easily and cause issues down the line. Keep in mind I live in Northeast Ohio where snow and rain seem to be never ending. They said think of where they're located....if there is snow on the ground then that area is going to be constantly hit with snow and salt.

They suggested not to order them because of those reasons. If you live somewhere with no snow I imagine these things mentioned won't be as big of an issue.
Great information! Thanks!

Rondakay

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to see how many of you were as broken as I am and ordered the illuminated scuff plates? Completely unnecessary but I really like the premium vibe they give off.
I did! I generally drive a car for 10 years so I added the light kit which was probably a mistake as well as the illuminated scuff plates because they just look so cool!

Lou Panozzo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I would like to order the scuff plates and install them myself. Do they just plug in or do I have to run special wiring???? Anybody install them yet.... can you post instructions????