No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

I'm going to wait it out - No deal on Silver SX Prestige

LBTRS

Reaction score
Been trying to find a SX Prestige in either Gray, Moss, White or Silver with any interior other than the light gray. My local Kia dealer called me and said they have a Silver SX Prestige with black interior arriving end of June and I could have it. I shot into the dealership and this is a dealership I just purchased a 2019 Kia Sorento from in December. They had the car jacked up so high that I would have thought I was buying a luxury European brand. Wanted to add about $5000 to the MSRP and give me $5000 less on my trade than other dealers would give me. So, this deal would have been about $10,000 more than I was willing to pay at MSRP.

I had told them before I came in that I wasn't willing to pay over MSRP and they still had me drive in there.

I going to sit it out and let all the hysteria calm down and order exactly what I want once able. There is a Silver SX Prestige inbound and available at Rodeo Kia in Avondale Arizona if you're willing to pay a premium.

LBTRS

Reaction score
Well, I take back what I said. I received an email from my salesman and he spoke to the General Manager and contacted me with a much improved offer. I paid MSRP minus incentives. I didn't get quite what I wanted for my trade but I'm ok with what they gave me. I have a Silver SXP with black interior inbound and looking forward to it.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

bubba1

Reaction score
Been trying to find a SX Prestige in either Gray, Moss, White or Silver with any interior other than the light gray. My local Kia dealer called me and said they have a Silver SX Prestige with black interior arriving end of June and I could have it. I shot into the dealership and this is a dealership I just purchased a 2019 Kia Sorento from in December. They had the car jacked up so high that I would have thought I was buying a luxury European brand. Wanted to add about $5000 to the MSRP and give me $5000 less on my trade than other dealers would give me. So, this deal would have been about $10,000 more than I was willing to pay at MSRP.

I had told them before I came in that I wasn't willing to pay over MSRP and they still had me drive in there.

I going to sit it out and let all the hysteria calm down and order exactly what I want once able. There is a Silver SX Prestige inbound and available at Rodeo Kia in Avondale Arizona if you're willing to pay a premium.
We ordered our SX (w/o Prestige option) it took 8 weeks to get it vs. 12 week original quite time. We paid MSRP minus $2800 discount for lease or $2500 discount for previous KIA owner. We ordered from Boucher KIA in Racine, WI.

LBTRS

Reaction score
Did you ever get this? Do you have photos?
Hi, sorry should have updated. No, I didn't get this... I had a deposit down and sent a question to my salesman, I didn't hear back from anyone so I followed up with another email. I didn't hear anything back so I called them. My salesman was on vacation and they informed me that they sold the vehicle to someone else after they got my email. They said they didn't see the second email that was sent the same day and thought I didn't want it so they sold it to someone else.

I don't know what actually happened on their end but was sad to hear it was sold to someone else. Partially my fault though...I had some remorse on the price I was receiving for my trade (below blue book) so I asked a question if I was to withdraw would my deposit be returned? I then came to my senses (same day) and decided I really wanted the Telluride so followed up with an email stating I was fine with the agreed upon deal and looking forward to taking delivery. I never heard from them until I called the next day and got the news that it was sold to someone else. They conveniently seen the first email but say they didn't see the follow up email stating I wanted the vehicle. They ended up returning my deposit.

Snooze you loose...

I'm going to wait out the rush and let them work out the bugs on the first year and get one later next year.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi, sorry should have updated. No, I didn't get this... I had a deposit down and sent a question to my salesman, I didn't hear back from anyone so I followed up with another email. I didn't hear anything back so I called them. My salesman was on vacation and they informed me that they sold the vehicle to someone else after they got my email. They said they didn't see the second email that was sent the same day and thought I didn't want it so they sold it to someone else.

I don't know what actually happened on their end but was sad to hear it was sold to someone else. Partially my fault though...I had some remorse on the price I was receiving for my trade (below blue book) so I asked a question if I was to withdraw would my deposit be returned? I then came to my senses (same day) and decided I really wanted the Telluride so followed up with an email stating I was fine with the agreed upon deal and looking forward to taking delivery. I never heard from them until I called the next day and got the news that it was sold to someone else. They conveniently seen the first email but say they didn't see the follow up email stating I wanted the vehicle. They ended up returning my deposit.

Snooze you loose...

I'm going to wait out the rush and let them work out the bugs on the first year and get one later next year.
The bottom line is that they got a better offer - someone walked in and said they'd pay over MSRP - so you got put to the back of the line. They are doing this quite a bit with unsold stock orders - or if someone cancels their sold order. No fun... hard to negotiate right now. It's a seller's market. The only thing keeping them honest with sold orders is the potential for punishment by KIA Corporate - which has indicated that fulfilled sold orders must be delivered to the buyer on the sold order. If dealers can find away around that, I'm sure they will - I doubt my dealers will want to sell me a car at MSRP less incentives when the order is finally fulfilled. We'll see!