No soliciting permitted.

Installed Proximity Door Lock/Unlock Module

davidgerig

Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE!
After installation, if you leave any door of the car doors open for longer than 15 minutes, your car will auto-lock when you close the door.
WITH YOUR KEYFOB INSIDE THE VEHICLE.
I learned this unloading groceries at home (thank God).
It unlocks with the spare FOB. And works normal after that. I've played with it and can repeat the bug.
REMEMBER to use the UVO app as well, it can unlock vehicle from your phone.
It's not the end of the world, just be aware.

TxAggie

Telluride Junkie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with either the Proximity Door Lock/Unlock Module or the ACCESSORIDES remote start module causing failure of the IBU (Body Control Module)? I've been having some battery discharging issues and the dealership says it is the IBU (Battery Discharging Warning). I disconnected both the proximity and Accessorides modules prior to the visit, but I'm just wondering if either has anything to do with causing the issue.

bogie

Reaction score
See my reply to the remote start thread...

Fuzzy

Reaction score
I just received my module from Shark and the version they shipped me has a (6) dip switch module on the end of the board instead of the (2) switch surface mounted one that all of the instruction sets show. Even the instructions they sent show the (2) switch. Has anyone else received and installed the (6) dip switch version of the module?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Didn’t have a chance to post earlier but the Shark Racing team responded to my email with 24 hours and said the module installs just like the older version. I did the install yesterday and it works great!

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners