No soliciting permitted.

interior color question

PeggyAnn

Reaction score
Hello. I'm about to pull the trigger on Dark Moss SX. I think I want butterscotch interior because the espresso looks like a red brown in the info book. If you have either of these colors, can you tell me your thoughts? Also, if you have the Moss, are you glad you have that color? It's tough since no one has inventory to look at..... Another question for the 2021 SX. Is the Prestige worth it? I like the color of the Dune Brown interior, but it's only available with Prestige which is an additional $2300.00.

Also, I'm new here and was torn between the Black Copper and the Dark Moss. This forum helped me decide against the Black Copper. Thank you.

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score
Hello. I'm about to pull the trigger on Dark Moss SX. I think I want butterscotch interior because the espresso looks like a red brown in the info book. If you have either of these colors, can you tell me your thoughts? Also, if you have the Moss, are you glad you have that color? It's tough since no one has inventory to look at..... Another question for the 2021 SX. Is the Prestige worth it? I like the color of the Dune Brown interior, but it's only available with Prestige which is an additional $2300.00.

Also, I'm new here and was torn between the Black Copper and the Dark Moss. This forum helped me decide against the Black Copper. Thank you.
My recommendation: Get the Dark Moss SX, add Prestige to get the Dune Brown Nappa leather interior/dark headliner, HUD. Check out my photos. Well worth it :)

Dan Mahalek

Reaction score
We ultimately picked the Espresso over the butterscotch for our white SX. Espresso is definitely not a reddish brown, it a very rich deeper brown. The photos on the Kia site are terrible, I have taken 50 or so photos trying to capture the true shade of brown of Espresso and have not succeeded...even with photoshop help.
Here is as close as I could get. We are very happy with our choice. 480212BC-381B-44F8-91AA-6FC9C582066F.jpeg 1CA1B839-2E99-412E-82F7-FF288DE74534.jpeg

CaptChrisP

Reaction score
I love my Butterscotch interior. It's a break from all of the darkness of my Black Copper/Nightfall.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-4392.JPG
    IMG-4392.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-4393.JPG
    IMG-4393.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 17

PeggyAnn

Reaction score
We ultimately picked the Espresso over the butterscotch for our white SX. Espresso is definitely not a reddish brown, it a very rich deeper brown. The photos on the Kia site are terrible, I have taken 50 or so photos trying to capture the true shade of brown of Espresso and have not succeeded...even with photoshop help.
Here is as close as I could get. We are very happy with our choice. View attachment 14293 View attachment 14294
Thank you! Hopefully the next dealership I go to will have something I can actually look at and touch.

Gordfromborder

Reaction score
Good morning. Got word from our dealer last night VIN was created and that our white SX should be here in 3 to 4 weeks. We have ordered it with espresso brown and are wondering which colour floor mats ( two row only ). We are leaning towards Weathertech in Coco, or is it better to stay with good old black? Would appreciate any comments.
Gord

jeffo65

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We looked at the SX with prestige package and did not get it and went with the EX. My eyes do not allow me to see a HUD and the other perks on the prestige, we did not need. We bought off the lot and they had an LX, EX and SX w/prestige. Very happy with our decision. Do not miss anything.

Get what you want since you will be the ones driving it.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Dan Mahalek

Reaction score
Good morning. Got word from our dealer last night VIN was created and that our white SX should be here in 3 to 4 weeks. We have ordered it with espresso brown and are wondering which colour floor mats ( two row only ). We are leaning towards Weathertech in Coco, or is it better to stay with good old black? Would appreciate any comments.
Gord
Congrats, we picked up our Telly 2 weeks ago...it is exactly like yours. You will love the Espresso. We stayed with black mats..
There is plenty of brown, the black is a nice compliment to the dark brown seats.

Smillz15

Reaction score
To OP I’ve had my Telly for about 3 weeks now and went with butterscotch (SX) with gravity gray nightfall. See pics attached.

Attachments

• E15C4D6F-1E03-4B5C-B518-91079BB3024A.jpeg
    E15C4D6F-1E03-4B5C-B518-91079BB3024A.jpeg
    459.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 284B5015-9EE1-4B6A-9556-411637895A27.jpeg
    284B5015-9EE1-4B6A-9556-411637895A27.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 23
  • F7DFEA2F-5FFA-4B4F-88A7-4AA9DB5B4157.jpeg
    F7DFEA2F-5FFA-4B4F-88A7-4AA9DB5B4157.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 22

Gordfromborder

Reaction score
Dan,
If you are using the stock carpeted mats am I right in assuming they are black? The ( very ) few photos I could find of the espresso brown showed the carpeting to be a brown/beiege/non descript colour that won’t show dirt but isn’t overly attractive. Admittedly, the only photo I could find was the rear cargo area. Or am I getting confused with “ carpeted removable mats “ as compared to the permanently affixed carpet?
Gord

Dan Mahalek

Reaction score
Dan,
If you are using the stock carpeted mats am I right in assuming they are black? The ( very ) few photos I could find of the espresso brown showed the carpeting to be a brown/beiege/non descript colour that won’t show dirt but isn’t overly attractive. Admittedly, the only photo I could find was the rear cargo area. Or am I getting confused with “ carpeted removable mats “ as compared to the permanently affixed carpet?
Gord
The carpeted mats are black and the permanent carpet is black as is the cargo area which is actually the rear of the third row seat backs when they are folded.
Have You actually seen the espresso brown in person? I am enclosing a photo of the seat as well as the floor of the rear cargo area. 696CD1A0-E8E0-4CBA-867E-7FB9D04DEDB8.jpeg E1D15780-76F5-48EC-9A78-7AE8A5FC934A.jpeg

Gordfromborder

Reaction score
Dan,

thanks for the info and photos.
No, the only Telly we saw had black Nappa. It was basically a leap of faith to go with espresso. We didn’t want black, and the grey was definitely too light of a colour ......so brown.....which I like in a vehicle. Before I retired, I got a new company truck every couple of years and found the beige/ brown was so serviceable and liked the richness of brown.
Also glad to see the Telly carpets are black. Actually a bit of a relief, as yours looks great. Likely will stay with black floor mats. It isn’t an option to go without them as we are in central Alberta and get lots of winter along with gravel/ dirt areas also. Although, once this COVID is behind us, the Telly will spend its winters in our garage as we normally head for California as snowbirds for October to April.

Gord

BasilFawlty

Reaction score

You will get different opinions from people based on their own preferences. Personally I had seen Dune and didn’t care for it. Just personal taste. I had seen Butterscotch and really loved it! That was one factor in why I opted not to get the Prestige package, because Butterscotch is not an option with the Prestige package. I personally think Butterscotch looks fabulous in a Dark Moss Telly. Also, the headliner with butterscotch leather is black whereas all the other non prestige leather come with light colored headliner. I would say look at both colors (I’m sure there are pictures of both on this forum) and decide which you like best. If you feel you must have the Prestige package then Dune probably would be the best option.

Decisions decisions

PeggyAnn

Reaction score
Gord
We realized we could get weathertech for less money, better product. Ordered the dune brown interior, so I too am curious what the coco would look like, but since regardless of interior color, there is still a lot of black so I bet we get weathertech in black.