No soliciting permitted.

Interior Map Light & Dome Light LED’s

ElCangriz

Reaction score
First time Posting Here Just Ordered LED Lights Wasn’t A Fan of The Yellow Bulbs... Just Purchased The LX Telly In White Pearl (Totally In Love!)... These Were The T10 High Power 6000K 5 SMD LED’s (Two Bulbs in front Two In Middle Row) Any Questions I Will Be Happy To Answer... First Pic Showing LED’s in Front Stock In 2nd Row...

Attachments

• 4FA50C93-856E-41CC-B1AD-8E52163EC36E.jpeg
    4FA50C93-856E-41CC-B1AD-8E52163EC36E.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 42BA14C6-AF01-474F-9CCD-5F17BFAA983E.jpeg
    42BA14C6-AF01-474F-9CCD-5F17BFAA983E.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

PlazaRoad

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Very nice. Did you change the headlight to LED as well? Which dealership did you buy? I am from Queens.

ernysan

Reaction score
First time Posting Here Just Ordered LED Lights Wasn’t A Fan of The Yellow Bulbs... Just Purchased The LX Telly In White Pearl (Totally In Love!)... These Were The T10 High Power 6000K 5 SMD LED’s (Two Bulbs in front Two In Middle Row) Any Questions I Will Be Happy To Answer... First Pic Showing LED’s in Front Stock In 2nd Row...
I think only the LX models came with the yellow bulbs. S trim here and they all are white

cvang100

Reaction score
How do you take out the bulbs in the middle row?

WatkinsTelluride

Reaction score

Did you order them off Amazon? I'm looking to do the same for ALL lights for my wife's new LX in same color.

JoshuaR

Reaction score
How did you pull the bulbs out? Trying to replace mine and I can’t get a grip on the bulb to pull it out.. thanks!

ga1322

Reaction score
How did you pull the bulbs out? Trying to replace mine and I can’t get a grip on the bulb to pull it out.. thanks!
I used a pair of channel locks, pliers would work. Just pinch enough to pull out

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JABTelluride

Reaction score
Figured i would help out now that I am moding the lights. The first row is simple. Start on the outside with a pry tool then pry gently. It will pop off and you can replace your light. The ziptie trick makes it easier. The second row you have to pull the whole unit down. It has four clips. Two on the front and one on each side. I used my tool to push those back and it came out with... A bit of difficulty. Then it is just two twist locks for the lights. The fastoon in the rear has two tabs on the drivers side. So pry from the passanger side. Lastly the license plate lights have a Phillips head screw. It is wedged in so wiggle it a bit and you will see what i mean. Hope this helps. 20200127_163846_HDR.jpg 20200127_163856_HDR.jpg 20200127_163903_HDR.jpg 20200127_163958.jpg 20200127_164149.jpg

SVoigt

Reaction score
I wanted to see what the interior and exterior lights on the EX looked like at night, so when my dealer got one in I went to take a look. I was surprised when the lights inside were a nice white and not yellow. Sales person said that they have gone to LED on the inside (at least for the EX and I assume the SX.) Looked quite nice, no yellowish tinge and seemed bright enough. Now just have to wait another month or so for mine to come in.

G

G-836884

Figured i would help out now that I am moding the lights. The first row is simple. Start on the outside with a pry tool then pry gently. It will pop off and you can replace your light. The ziptie trick makes it easier. The second row you have to pull the whole unit down. It has four clips. Two on the front and one on each side. I used my tool to push those back and it came out with... A bit of difficulty. Then it is just two twist locks for the lights. The fastoon in the rear has two tabs on the drivers side. So pry from the passanger side. Lastly the license plate lights have a Phillips head screw. It is wedged in so wiggle it a bit and you will see what i mean. Hope this helps. View attachment 6045 View attachment 6046 View attachment 6047 View attachment 6048 View attachment 6049
Hello,
Do you remember how you put the unit in the 2nd row back? I’m having a hard time getting all the clips to snap back in. Thanks

-Joe

JABTelluride

Reaction score
Hello,
Do you remember how you put the unit in the 2nd row back? I’m having a hard time getting all the clips to snap back in. Thanks

-Joe
Best I can tell you is use a little gentle persuasion. Make sure the clips are all in line then push until you hear it click. I hope this helps.