Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Introduction, and hitch pics.

Eeyah15

Reaction score
Hello from Houston! Long time Kia owner. And Kia Warranty Admin. Just got my Telluride last week and f****** love it!!! Happy to be part of this group.

I had my hitch installed this week. It left a big gaping hole in my bumper since the plastic cover couldn't go back on. I decided to cut the panel myself, to try to fit it back on over the hitch. Figured it wouldn't matter if I butchered it; since I was just gonna leave it off until something was available anyways. But it actually came out looking good. I used a piece of cardboard to make a template. Then cut the panel with some tin snips and a razor blade. Not to shabby!
*Ignore the scratched bumper. Carwash kid backed it into a pole. Getting it fixed asap. Smh.

Attachments

Tinosa

Reaction score
I purchased the first one in central Florida and had a hitch thrown in by the dealer. KIA international said I was the first in line for their after market hitch. They were unable to deliver it when I left TO for NY May 5th and said they wouldn't be released until June at best.

Dmac55555

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello from Houston! Long time Kia owner. And Kia Warranty Admin. Just got my Telluride last week and f****** love it!!! Happy to be part of this group.

I had my hitch installed this week. It left a big gaping hole in my bumper since the plastic cover couldn't go back on. I decided to cut the panel myself, to try to fit it back on over the hitch. Figured it wouldn't matter if I butchered it; since I was just gonna leave it off until something was available anyways. But it actually came out looking good. I used a piece of cardboard to make a template. Then cut the panel with some tin snips and a razor blade. Not to shabby!
*Ignore the scratched bumper. Carwash kid backed it into a pole. Getting it fixed asap. Smh.
order part S9F61-AU060 - that is the bumper cover, I believe. I picked the tow hitch and cover and installed myself last week. Full Tow Hitch Install Instructions Attached

Eeyah15

Reaction score
I purchased the first one in central Florida and had a hitch thrown in by the dealer. KIA international said I was the first in line for their after market hitch. They were unable to deliver it when I left TO for NY May 5th and said they wouldn't be released until June at best.
I work for a Kia dealer in Houston. We actually just started getting the first few hitch's in last Friday. They originally had no ETA, then just showed up. The first few customers that ordered them back when they did their deals are now having to come get them installed.
Maybe call the dealer and see if they have gotten yours in?

Eeyah15

Reaction score
order part S9F61-AU060 - that is the bumper cover, I believe. I picked the tow hitch and cover and installed myself last week. Full Tow Hitch Install Instructions Attached

View attachment 1059
Yours looks good!!! My parts manager had told me there was nothing available yet? Atleast he couldn't get anything as of the day I did this? He is on vacation now so I just asked the counter man about that part number you gave me. In their catalog it shows it as a hitch receiver cover? (Silver with a Kia emblem.) Not the bumper cover? Maybe it hasn't been updated yet. Guess i'm waiting till the manager gets back. Did you get that from a dealer? Or online somewhere? Thanks!

Tinosa

Reaction score
Called the local KIA dealer here in NY and they said the parts were now available. They quoted me over $1000 to install it. I should have spent another couple of weeks in FL. damn.

Eeyah15

Reaction score
Called the local KIA dealer here in NY and they said the parts were now available. They quoted me over $1000 to install it. I should have spent another couple of weeks in FL. damn.
Wait was it part of your deal at time of purchase? If so than they owe it to you? You already paid for it.
Unfortunately that price sounds rite, from what I've seen so far.

G

G-419062

They put it in the contract that if I left FL before the hitch arrived that they would refund me $500. They didn't have it last Friday when I departed so they have me a check for 500.

Mavtek

Reaction score
Yours looks good!!! My parts manager had told me there was nothing available yet? Atleast he couldn't get anything as of the day I did this? He is on vacation now so I just asked the counter man about that part number you gave me. In their catalog it shows it as a hitch receiver cover? (Silver with a Kia emblem.) Not the bumper cover? Maybe it hasn't been updated yet. Guess i'm waiting till the manager gets back. Did you get that from a dealer? Or online somewhere? Thanks!
Do you mind taking a few pics of the suspension from your factory tow hitch? I took a few from mine today and well, I don't see anything that would typically stand out as "self leveling suspension". I had another vehicle with this type of suspension and it had an air compressor I could hear and special shocks that had air hoses connected to them. I don't really see anything like that on my Telluride.

KROD

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My factory equipped tow package looks the same as yours underneath.

That was one of the things I did when I got home was look back there cause I was curious. So I am not sure how this is self leveling not using air.....

Definitely need to do some more digging to try to figure out how it works. If I had a trailer at home I would test it out but I don't have anything right now to do so.

Do you mind taking a few pics of the suspension from your factory tow hitch? I took a few from mine today and well, I don't see anything that would typically stand out as "self leveling suspension". I had another vehicle with this type of suspension and it had an air compressor I could hear and special shocks that had air hoses connected to them. I don't really see anything like that on my Telluride.
View attachment 1237

KROD

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyone even have any luck of finding anything in the owners manual?

Almost seems like a myth "self leveling suspension" no mention of it that I saw in the owners manual. $750 hitch seems steep lol

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!