Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Is the regular power liftgate (Not the smart power liftgate) standard on the LX or S trim?

G

G-193748

Is the regular power liftgate (Not the smart power liftgate) standard on the LX or S trim?

Gunner6903

Reaction score
Try them both out at the dealership in person. I was pretty sold on the EX trim until I saw the S trim in person alongside it. I gave up the power tailgate, and other options for the better looking (IMO) wheels and lower price of the S. I couldn't be happier with my decision. The manual lift gate is super easy to open and close and again, the 20's on the S look significantly better that the wheels on the EX imo. Hope that helps a little if you were curious! Also, as previously stated, the bottom 2 trims (LX & S) have manual lift gates while the top 2 trims (EX & SX) have power ones.

Fivestar

Reaction score
I have the S model...love it. I do miss the Power Liftgate I had on my previous couple of SUVS. I am looking at aftermarket installation. There is nothing on market yet. Hoping there will be soon. It's not a must have....but it is especially for wife who is a bit short.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Gunner6903

Reaction score
I have the S model...love it. I do miss the Power Liftgate I had on my previous couple of SUVS. I am looking at aftermarket installation. There is nothing on market yet. Hoping there will be soon. It's not a must have....but it is especially for wife who is a bit short.
Ya I thought it was a must have for us too, until I used the manual one on our S at the dealership. My wife is 5'4" and she's fine with it. Personal preference I guess...subjective. Wish you the best in finding an after market powered one!

Fivestar

Reaction score
Thx, I will let you know what I find. I think the key fob should work....so it's just a matter of time. Looks like replacing the struts and latch mechanism modification. The wiring is the only thing I am unsure of. I'm sure there is a hatch release somewhere on the dash for models that include it standard. We will see.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I came from a vehicle with power liftgate and I thought I would miss it, but I've gotten use to the manual. The fingerprints on the outside can be a pain, but if you grab the handle on the inside and pull down I find it easier to close.