Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

It's a Telluride not a "Telly"

Crossefire00

Reaction score
Perhaps it's that you are taking a masculine looking SUV and giving it a cutesy nickname? Maybe it's that it sounds like an Englishman talking about a television. Or maybe it's that it reminds people of the horrific teletubbies. Not sure. But I have to agree somewhat. I'm not mad at anyone for doing it. I just think it sounds....not like what I think of when I picture the Telluride. But hey, I won't be able to hear anyone calling it that while I'm enjoying the quiet comfort of the cabin!

mecheng1

Reaction score
Of course what people call their car in the privacy of their own bedrooms is totally up to them. But just wait for the forums to blow up with references to Pally and Telly, and all common decency will be out the door I tell you.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Perhaps it's supposed to be cute, but this "Telly" babytalk thing sounds really silly, imho.

Interesting.... and we all are in a room DEDICATED to Tellurides/Tellys/T-Rides....Name your car what you want.... How about a Korean Kadillac? or... Kimchi Kruiser. Yeah...I know it isn't PC but my FULL blooded Korean Daughter in Law laughs at it. Hell...most guys even nickname certain parts of their body for chuckles... Lighten up. Please? :giggle: ... Enjoy what you drive in or on. My 76 FXE is nicknamed %#$(>^&! .... Life is short.

Mr.JB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hold my beer!

You are upset because i may call MY purchase a name other than what the manufacture calls it. When you make my payments, you have a say.

mecheng1

Reaction score
Perhaps it's that you are taking a masculine looking SUV and giving it a cutesy nickname? Maybe it's that it sounds like an Englishman talking about a television. Or maybe it's that it reminds people of the horrific teletubbies. Not sure. But I have to agree somewhat. I'm not mad at anyone for doing it. I just think it sounds....not like what I think of when I picture the Telluride. But hey, I won't be able to hear anyone calling it that while I'm enjoying the quiet comfort of the cabin!
Maybe you are right, and possibly telepathic. I am originally from England and there may be a deeply rooted association with watching The Telly, and the teletubbies was certainly horrific. Or maybe it is because I cannot come up with an alternative name for our Sorento, for use on the Sorento forum. Perhaps Sorry?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.