No soliciting permitted.

J.D. Power2021 U.S. Initial Quality Study

Ark_David

Reaction score
I agree. So a car isn't a piece of crap out of the box doesn't tell me how its going to be in 5-10 years. I am sure this has some bearing on the long term reliability of this car but I would be hesitant about planning on passing most new cars along to my kids in 10 years like some expect out of Toyota's and Hondas. Or at least used to. :( Time will tell.
True enough…. But if it IS a piece of crap out of the box, it’s unlikely that you’re going to be happy with what happens over the subsequent 5 years.

chopsueyboi

Reaction score
German management??
My local Kia dealer tells me to take it to where I bought the car from every time I take it for warranty work.
They might as well put a sign on “WE DO NOT DO WARRANTY WORK ON VEHICLES NOT PURCHASED HERE. “

This sounds absurd, I'd be very upset if this was the case. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never heard of any manufacturer approved dealer denying legit warranty work if approved by the manufacturer. I would definitely contact KIA about that dealer.

Last edited:

PittPa

Reaction score
German management??
My local Kia dealer tells me to take it to where I bought the car from every time I take it for warranty work.
They might as well put a sign on “WE DO NOT DO WARRANTY WORK ON VEHICLES NOT PURCHASED HERE. “
I'm finding this hard to believe also.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

itsmeken

Reaction score
German management??
I'd ask them to put that in writing so you can provide it to Kia America, Inc. Might want to be video taping their response. Having said that, do you really want to have THAT dealership work on your Telluride?

User99

Reaction score
I'd ask them to put that in writing so you can provide it to Kia America, Inc. Might want to be video taping their response. Having said that, do you really want to have THAT dealership work on your Telluride?
It’s KIA Canada.
That is exactly why I don’t argue with them much. Do I want my car serviced by the people who don’t really want to because they are so resentful that I put their dealership out of some commission by not purchasing from them.

And why I didn’t buy from them is a different thread.

In the common vibration issue case their reasoning was that it was probably due to flat tires because the car sat on dealer lot for long and Kia doesn’t pay them for such repairs.

Do tellurides sit on the lots for that long?

And the one I bought from isn’t that good either.
I don’t look forward to dealing with either.

If it wasn’t for the telluride I wouldn’t be here. I would have just perpetuated the ‘stereotype’ that they are not as good of a company.

I guess Honda spoiled me?

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners