Keys locked inside. No extra set. No Uvo account.

TennesseeTelly

Reaction score
Update: after the four-hour round trip to get the spare keys, I unlocked the car to find that a) the keys were not in the car, b) you can’t lock them in - the doors simply unlock again if you try to lock while the keys are inside, and c) my wife left the keys in the women’s restroom and someone turned them in to the office.

Try as I might, I could never get our uvo account to work, so that’s no help here.

We took my wife’s 22 Telly to the lake for the weekend. She turned off the car, left her keys in the back seat cup holder, locked the door with the switch on the inside drivers door and the car locked. No alarm to indicate keys were inside.

Didn’t think that was possible, but here we are. Ugh.

Our spare set are two hours away. Aside from borrowing a friends car and doing the four hour round trip, any ideas?

Last edited:

TheNip73

Reaction score
did you push the button on the outside and see if it will unlock? Try both sides.

Pappy

Reaction score
Couldn’t hurt to reinstall uvo app and retry. Also, try the rear hatch.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

bsayzhi

Reaction score
Try as I might, I could never get our uvo account to work, so that’s no help here.

We took my wife’s 22 Telly to the lake for the weekend. She turned off the car, left her keys in the back seat cup holder, locked the door with the switch on the inside drivers door and the car locked. No alarm to indicate keys were inside.

Didn’t think that was possible, but here we are. Ugh.

Our spare set are two hours away. Aside from borrowing a friends car and doing the four hour round trip, any ideas?
Oh no! She used the only combination of steps to lock the key inside since she used the manual lock. You should still be covered under the roadside assistance benefit under the Kia warranty (and probably your auto insurance)… you could always call for the lockout service. I’m sure there are many members that would scoff at that option and take the 4 hour round trip. There are risks associated with using the service because they’re literally breaking into your car but usually the guys are professional and good at their job. In my 20’s, in about a years time, I locked my keys in my car 5 times! I never had damage or trouble from any of the services that came out.

Personally, in your situation, I’d crack open a beverage of my choice and call the lockout service in the morning (it’s 24/7 assistance but no reason to make someone get out in the middle of the night if there is no emergency). I know how much this kind of thing can mess up a good time! Don’t let this ruin your trip!

TennesseeTelly

Reaction score

TennesseeTelly

Reaction score
Oh no! She used the only combination of steps to lock the key inside since she used the manual lock. You should still be covered under the roadside assistance benefit under the Kia warranty (and probably your auto insurance)… you could always call for the lockout service. I’m sure there are many members that would scoff at that option and take the 4 hour round trip. There are risks associated with using the service because they’re literally breaking into your car but usually the guys are professional and good at their job. In my 20’s, in about a years time, I locked my keys in my car 5 times! I never had damage or trouble from any of the services that came out.

Personally, in your situation, I’d crack open a beverage of my choice and call the lockout service in the morning (it’s 24/7 assistance but no reason to make someone get out in the middle of the night if there is no emergency). I know how much this kind of thing can mess up a good time! Don’t let this ruin your trip!
That is exactly what we did! Lockout service is supposed to come at 10:00 Central this morning. I’ll report back once we know more.

TennesseeTelly

Reaction score

TennesseeTelly

Reaction score
I edited my original post with this update.

Update: after the four-hour round trip to get the spare keys, I unlocked the car to find that a) the keys were not in the car, b) you can’t lock them in - the doors simply unlock again if you try to lock while the keys are inside, and c) my wife left the keys in the women’s restroom and someone turned them in to the office.

TheNip73

Reaction score

Now you just roll with it and laugh it off while hoping it never happens again.

Tellthemride

Reaction score

This is totally me and my wife. “Can you go grab my phone? I think it’s on the dining table in the house.” After I search for 10 minutes and come back out empty handed, “Never mind it was on my purse this whole time.” ☠️