Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Kia app

Ticosantx

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the kia access app? I've been trying to use the engine start and it takes a white. I literally get to the suv first before it turns on. I thought maybe I was too far but not. I've gotten closer and it still takes a long time. I've uninstalled the app, I close all the running apps and it still takes long time. Any suggestions

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

emj123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Distance to the vehicle shouldn't make any difference as I think it works via satellite. It takes like a minute or 2 with mine. Like the previous poster said, just try starting it a little earlier. Good luck!

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Distance to the vehicle shouldn't make any difference as I think it works via satellite. It takes like a minute or 2 with mine. Like the previous poster said, just try starting it a little earlier. Good luck!
Doesn't work by Satellite. If it did it would cost you 100x more than the already ridiculous price if wanted to keep using it after the free period is over. I don't blame you mistaking it for satellite service, it's pretty darn slow.

It works with Cellular, thus the little LTE sign on your infotainment screen. You can be thousands of miles away and start your car as long as your phone and your car has decent cellular service..

DaveA

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the kia access app? I've been trying to use the engine start and it takes a white. I literally get to the suv first before it turns on. I thought maybe I was too far but not. I've gotten closer and it still takes a long time. I've uninstalled the app, I close all the running apps and it still takes long time. Any suggestions
No, it's just annoyingly slow. Wish they'd just put a starter button on the fob!

emj123

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Doesn't work by Satellite, if it did it would cost you 100X when you have pay after the free period is over. It works with Cellular, thus the little LTE sign on your infotainment screen. You can be thousands of miles away and start your car as long as your phone and your car has decent cellular service..
Whatever. I meant that it isn't like a regular car started that relies on proximity.