KIA Confirms Logo to be updated later this year

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

raydog9379

Reaction score
Meh. I was hoping for an actual logo vs another just way of writing KIA.
With you here... What in the world is KN? At least that will be the question people state. If they do change, then I suppose I'll have to do a swap of some sort to either the K Lexus or the new. Nobody wants to be stuck with the old logo on a new model. Been there before with my Infiniti and a couple months later they renamed all the vehicles. So I had one of the few JX35's since it had just come out, whereas everyone else who waited a little bit had a QX60.

II Kings 9:20

Reaction score

Reaction score
Meh. I was hoping for an actual logo vs another just way of writing KIA.
I agree, meh. Nothing to see here, move on.

With you here... What in the world is KN? At least that will be the question people state. If they do change, then I suppose I'll have to do a swap of some sort to either the K Lexus or the new. Nobody wants to be stuck with the old logo on a new model. Been there before with my Infiniti and a couple months later they renamed all the vehicles. So I had one of the few JX35's since it had just come out, whereas everyone else who waited a little bit had a QX60.
KN looks rather unfortunate.

I rebadged my '15 Hyundai Genesis to a Genesis. Removed the H on the trunk and replaced with a Genesis OEM wing off ebay for $11 that matches the Gen wing already on the front.
Now the front and rear are identical to the G80

I have no shame in owning a Hyundai. In fact, I tell people it's a Hyundai Genesis. I removed the H badge because it looks stupid compared to the wing which looks sweet (a little Chrysler/Bentley).

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
Don't worry, yours (and mine) will be a 2021 if delivery is expected this summer.
If my order is picked up on an allocation at my dealership next month and then a May delivery (very doubtful but a slim chance) then it will still be a 2020. If however - an allocation isn't available until April and delivered in June...then the year model change window opens. We shall see. Do you have an idea on when an allocation will be available for your order? Or said differently - do you know how many people are in front of you waiting for an allocation and how many your dealership is getting each month?

Reaction score
If my order is picked up on an allocation at my dealership next month and then a May delivery (very doubtful but a slim chance) then it will still be a 2020. If however - an allocation isn't available until April and delivered in June...then the year model change window opens. We shall see. Do you have an idea on when an allocation will be available for your order? Or said differently - do you know how many people are in front of you waiting for an allocation and how many your dealership is getting each month?
Great question and I don’t have a clue. I do know it’s going to be a long wait.
maybe @Jason Fox can enlighten. This situation is unprecedented for Kia so I don’t believe any of them have experience with Kia and production vis a vis model year changes while people are waiting on orders of a prior year. It’s not like anyone can say “we had the same situation with the Sportage 10 years ago and this is how it went”.

DRK

Reaction score
The new logo looks better than the current one, but I wish they change to some logo not writing KIA.
As someone said, it looks like 'KN' in English alphabet, but it also looks like '누니' in skewed Korean characters, pronouncing as 'nu-nee'.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am having a hard time imagining this new logo w/o any sort of oval surround or backing, on the grille, just doesn't seem to work. Also having a hard time telling people I am driving a Nu-Nee.