Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Kia Extended bumper to bumper warranty

TelLeoride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyone got this for their other Kia (was it 3rd party or actual Kia)? I'm reading some dealers are not accepting this warranty. I wonder if only certain Kia dealers participate in this.

I plan to get one for my Telluride.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

lydiav

Reaction score
I'm considering this too - my dealer is quoting $1989 for wrap around 10/100k mi extended no discounts. Supposedly covers everything except normal maintenance stuff. Never owned a Kia before so not sure what to think but being that this is a brand new model we are all guinea pigs of sorts and there are lots of electronic stuff that could fail and that would be pricey to fix. Granted there could be a recall later for something but I know for me I put on ~3k mi a month so I will burn through this fast.

TelLeoride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm considering this too - my dealer is quoting $1989 for wrap around 10/100k mi extended no discounts. Supposedly covers everything except normal maintenance stuff. Never owned a Kia before so not sure what to think but being that this is a brand new model we are all guinea pigs of sorts and there are lots of electronic stuff that could fail and that would be pricey to fix. Granted there could be a recall later for something but I know for me I put on ~3k mi a month so I will burn through this fast.
I paid a lil more for mine it was $2500 down to $2300 and change. It was a platinum package warranty. My warranty though is through KIA not a third party. You might want to ask about that. Some dealers strictly do 3rd party and I'd rather pay more for Kia backed warranty. I got the warranty since my wife only puts about 10k-12k a year.

The finance guy explained that the contract has to have a Kia Logo to confirm it is through Kia.

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Could you check if yours quote was from KIA as @TelLeoride mentioned above?

TelLeoride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You drive quite a bit so I would definitely get it. My other car was a Toyota and didn't have all the bells and whistles. Today's cars have a lot of electronics built into it.

392DCGC

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I would recommend purchasing a Mopar service contract (requires an inspection, but it's inexpensive). Mopar contracts are great and the company won't disappear overnight, and the maximum care plan is basically bumper to bumper. 8 year/125K miles/$100 deductible for about $2,250 through a wholesale dealer. Yes, you can purchase a Mopar contract even on a Kia.

Dealerships usually sell warranties through random ass companies. You never know what to expect until you try to use it. These extended warranties only exist because they make money off them due to coverage exclusions, invalidating claims, etc. They are not in your best interest and are an absolute gamble. Best to go with the most reputable service contract you can find at a reasonable cost and pray something breaks so you actually get your money out of it.

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Will Mopar offer warranty for KIA cars? I though Mopar only offers for it's own brands like Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram.

lydiav

Reaction score
Just called Mopar and gave them VIN and they said yes but you need to have it serviced at Chrysler dealer LOL They are offering a 125k mi / 5 year for $2980 and all prices at Mopar will be increasing this month.

Will Mopar offer warranty for KIA cars? I though Mopar only offers for it's own brands like Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram.

cgallagher

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was told there wasn't one directly with Kia. I wish I could find the truth around this. The 'wrap' sounds like the same plan I bought but it was definitely administered through a 3rd party.

TelLeoride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was told there wasn't one directly with Kia. I wish I could find the truth around this. The 'wrap' sounds like the same plan I bought but it was definitely administered through a 3rd party.
I was told I got the KIA one. So we'll see . Finance person said if I have a Kia logo on the contract it is by Kia. Redacted info for privacy.

Attachments

392DCGC

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just called Mopar and gave them VIN and they said yes but you need to have it serviced at Chrysler dealer LOL They are offering a 125k mi / 5 year for $2980 and all prices at Mopar will be increasing this month.
Don't call for pricing. Buy through a wholesale dealer like chryslerfactoryplans.com and use a discount code. But if having work done at an FCA dealer turns you off, I don't really blame you. I think any dealer would be competent enough to work on it though. Dealers work on all kinds of vehicles, not just their own brand.