No soliciting permitted.

KIA TELLURIDE 3M PRO SERIES CLEAR BRA FULL HOOD PAINT PROTECTION KIT w/1/2" Extra Film

Conzman

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has installed 3M Pro Series Pre-Cut Film on the entire hood of a Telluride (the one I bought has 1/2" extra film to wrap under the hood).

I have done multiple clear bras on cars, but never an entire hood.

Looking for any tips, suggestions or watch-outs before I do the install.

2020-2021 Kia Telluride 3M Pro Series Clear Bra Full Hood Paint Protection Kit
- Film Selection REQUIRED: 3M Scotchgard PRO Se..
- Trim Level Selection REQUIRED: SX
- Cut Options: Wrapped Full Hood ex..
- Installation Tools: Free Installation Ki..
- Installation Tools: 3"x4" 3M R..

MikeB

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has installed 3M Pro Series Pre-Cut Film on the entire hood of a Telluride (the one I bought has 1/2" extra film to wrap under the hood).

I have done multiple clear bras on cars, but never an entire hood.

Looking for any tips, suggestions or watch-outs before I do the install.

2020-2021 Kia Telluride 3M Pro Series Clear Bra Full Hood Paint Protection Kit
- Film Selection REQUIRED: 3M Scotchgard PRO Se..
- Trim Level Selection REQUIRED: SX
- Cut Options: Wrapped Full Hood ex..
- Installation Tools: Free Installation Ki..
- Installation Tools: 3"x4" 3M R..
Is the 3M guaranteed against yellowing?

Kwim

Reaction score
Is the 3M guaranteed against yellowing?
After about a year, a color difference becomes slightly noticeable on a white car. But it's not yellow, it's just a little darker.
I am writing for brand 3M.
I did not notice this on other colors of cars.

dansta

Reaction score
From my understanding of PPF, the hood is normally the easiest panel to do. Since you are going with the pro version of the film, it should be "self healing".

I have been advised that the yellowing factor, should not be a problem in this day and age, with the quality of the film with 3M and Xpel beingyour major players.

Just make sure you mix your slip and tack solutions correctly. I would be generous with the slip and spray liberally, when applying the film.

Can you advise where you are getting the hood PPF from? I have been looking into a PPF kit for the front end and have only been able to find the full front (with partial hood) on ebay. Price is decent at (298$ CAD) and uses the same film.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Conzman

Reaction score
From my understanding of PPF, the hood is normally the easiest panel to do. Since you are going with the pro version of the film, it should be "self healing".

I have been advised that the yellowing factor, should not be a problem in this day and age, with the quality of the film with 3M and Xpel beingyour major players.

Just make sure you mix your slip and tack solutions correctly. I would be generous with the slip and spray liberally, when applying the film.

Can you advise where you are getting the hood PPF from? I have been looking into a PPF kit for the front end and have only been able to find the full front (with partial hood) on ebay. Price is decent at (298$ CAD) and uses the same film.
Carprotectionpros.com

direct link

MikeB

Reaction score

alexdrums

Reaction score
Never had a 3M Clear Film product ever yellow before. I have had it on my Pathfinder for 6 years, looks as good as the day I put it on.
You can’t go wrong with 3M. Those bootleg Post-Its are bunk!

alexdrums

Reaction score
XPEL ultimate plus is self healing, Is the 3M?
I don’t know anything about Xpel. My point was 3M is an excellent brand with quality products that has been around for over 100 years.

So the Xpel is self-healing, eh? It somehow fixes itself if it gets damaged? How does that work?

Markinarch

Reaction score
I don’t know anything about Xpel. My point was 3M is an excellent brand with quality products that has been around for over 100 years.

So the Xpel is self-healing, eh? It somehow fixes itself if it gets damaged? How does that work?
XPEL is self healing against scratching and damage that does not penetrate the film. Most other high end films are also self healing. If you get swirl marks on the film or someone brushes up against it with their purse, heat will remove the scratching. No PPF is invincible. I put Suntek on my Tesla and all the debris from construction on the highways I drive have damaged the film some with a few small tears but non that damaged the paint, which is what you are trying to protect.

I just got my Telluride back from XPEL yesterday (they are based in San Antonio and also have an install center here) for a full front as well as a custom piece for the rear bumper valence that protrudes from the rest of the bumper and will likely be a shopping cart magnet. Film looks great and makes the car much easier to wash. Also don't have to worry about bird droppings and the UV properties help against the headlights getting foggy overtime. I went with XPEL because I liked that they are a local company (for me) and their film is slightly thicker than some of the other high end films.

alexdrums

Reaction score
XPEL is self healing against scratching and damage that does not penetrate the film. Most other high end films are also self healing. If you get swirl marks on the film or someone brushes up against it with their purse, heat will remove the scratching. No PPF is invincible. I put Suntek on my Tesla and all the debris from construction on the highways I drive have damaged the film some with a few small tears but non that damaged the paint, which is what you are trying to protect.

I just got my Telluride back from XPEL yesterday (they are based in San Antonio and also have an install center here) for a full front as well as a custom piece for the rear bumper valence that protrudes from the rest of the bumper and will likely be a shopping cart magnet. Film looks great and makes the car much easier to wash. Also don't have to worry about bird droppings and the UV properties help against the headlights getting foggy overtime. I went with XPEL because I liked that they are a local company (for me) and their film is slightly thicker than some of the other high end films.
Good to hear it protects the headlights. How much did the full front protection run you?

Markinarch

Reaction score
Good to hear it protects the headlights. How much did the full front protection run you?
It was about $1700 for the front. The rear bumper valence was $400 because it was a custom piece that they had to spend more time on. Pricing can vary greatly depending on the quality of install. XPEL was working on two 911s and a Ferrari 812 Superfast at the same time as mine...

noles1983

Reaction score
It was about $1700 for the front. The rear bumper valence was $400 because it was a custom piece that they had to spend more time on. Pricing can vary greatly depending on the quality of install. XPEL was working on two 911s and a Ferrari 812 Superfast at the same time as mine...
This was in San Antonio? I'm in SA and looking for a place locally to get it done.

Markinarch

Reaction score
This was in San Antonio? I'm in SA and looking for a place locally to get it done.
Yup. Just Google XPEL San Antonio and they will come up. I don't know what the forum rules are on posting links to businesses. Talk to karina or Brett and tell them Mark with the telluride sent you and they will give you a 10% discount. PM me if you want more details.

Markinarch

Reaction score
Having PM problems. But 'yes' to your first question.