No soliciting permitted.

Kia telluride easy to steal

KML

Reaction score
I saw a local newscast on the same topic. Purchased a steering wheel lock from amazon and it works great. Easy on and easy off.

1630030716955.png

Tellthemride

Reaction score
Good thing the rear occupancy alarm is so sensitive, an open window will usually set it off. 👍 So we will know if a thief is breaking in.

FL TITAN

Reaction score
The good news is if you have KIA Access you can use the "Find My Car" feature and have the police get it back providing its not all stripped down already.

PittPa

Reaction score
Liking the "self defense" aspect of it also when its time to go "medieval"!

Attachments

• 960a29e1-98cb-47b4-a141-4b1892644f75.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg
    960a29e1-98cb-47b4-a141-4b1892644f75.__CR0,0,300,300_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 16

PittPa

Reaction score
Was under the illusion you needed the fob to start the car???
That's the reason I posted this since I was caught off guard. It's a resounding NO. You can gain access and remove a portion of the a cover plate to circumvent the need for a fob. Obviously they don't want to explain in detail but I'm sure you could find out exactly with some digging.

HillCountry

Reaction score
That's the reason I posted this since I was caught off guard. It's a resounding NO. You can gain access and remove a portion of the a cover plate to circumvent the need for a fob. Obviously they don't want to explain in detail but I'm sure you could find out exactly with some digging.
I’m glad my insurance rate doesn’t reflect the vulnerability… at least it seems so. Maybe it depends more on zip code.

BasilFawlty

Reaction score
Good thing the rear occupancy alarm is so sensitive, an open window will usually set it off. 👍 So we will know if a thief is breaking in.
Agreed! Got an alert one night on iPhone and it turned out it was just a strong wind.

KML

Reaction score
Was under the illusion you needed the fob to start the car???
This week there was footage on the news in Chicago where a newer car, with a FOB, was stolen from a public garage in less then 40 seconds. The question on the news was "How did they do that so fast without a FOB?".

Advanced technology is great for everyone but when computers get more involved, the easier it is to hack!

Last edited:

judojim

Reaction score
Lived in El Paso, Tx for several years. Auto theft was out of control at that time. We had clubs on all of our vehicles. Thieves just sawed thru the steering wheel and removed the club.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

KML

Reaction score
Lived in El Paso, Tx for several years. Auto theft was out of control at that time. We had clubs on all of our vehicles. Thieves just sawed thru the steering wheel and removed the club.
Agreed. The professional thief will steal your car regardless of the devices you use. However, the club will stop the stupid young kids that don't know any better.

Bohen

Reaction score

Bohen

Reaction score
All it take is enough time
Agreed. The professional thief will steal your car regardless of the devices you use. However, the club will stop the stupid young kids that don't know any better.
Or give you enough time to say hello .

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners