Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

KIA Telluride Fuel Economy

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
EPA MPG Estimates, Front-Wheel Drive (FWD) (City/Highway/Combined) [coming soon]

EPA MPG Estimates, All-Wheel Drive (AWD) [coming soon]

Fuel Requirement - Regular Unleaded, 87 Octane or higher

Fuel Tank Capacity - 18.8 gallons

rwmedia

Reaction score
I thought it might be useful to compare notes on actual fuel mileage. I have begun refilling my tank after approximately 500 km (310 miles). I live in Canada so everything is metric but I still like to calculate mpg for the same reason that I use Fahrenheit to understand the temperature, since I am of that generation.

For the last fill, I traveled 515 km and used 60.535 liters of gas, which calculates out to 11.75 l/100km, or 20 mpg. Variables: I drive about 60% highway and 40% city, with the auto stop engine feature enabled (engine shuts off when stopped at a light).

I am hoping others will share their mileage so I have some sense as to whether this is the norm, thanks.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You’ll find that answer here.

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought it might be useful to compare notes on actual fuel mileage. I have begun refilling my tank after approximately 500 km (310 miles). I live in Canada so everything is metric but I still like to calculate mpg for the same reason that I use Fahrenheit to understand the temperature, since I am of that generation.

For the last fill, I traveled 515 km and used 60.535 liters of gas, which calculates out to 11.75 l/100km, or 20 mpg. Variables: I drive about 60% highway and 40% city, with the auto stop engine feature enabled (engine shuts off when stopped at a light).

I am hoping others will share their mileage so I have some sense as to whether this is the norm, thanks.
I believe the tank capacity is 72 litres. You filled it up with ~60.5 litres. Can you please advise where the fuel gauge was at the time of fueling up? Also, what did it say in terms of kms remaining?

11.75 L/100 kms is very good.

rwmedia

Reaction score
The fuel gauge was just above 1/8 of a tank. The readout said there was 82 km remaining but since the vehicle is new, I expect it will take two or three tanks before it is accurate.

Huey3149

Reaction score
I live at 7100 feet. My Telluride gets around 24 MPG city and some highway driving. On the trip to Oklahoma and back I got 30 MPG going and 25 coming back fighting a 50 MPH headwind. I have found if you put a can of STP gas treatment when you fill up with regular gas 85 octane here at altitude and 87 at sea level, I got an increase in gas mileage of around 2 miles per gallon.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!