No soliciting permitted.

Kia Telluride US production stats. by trim and colors

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Have written a small computer application that generates valid Telluride VINs and then calls the Kia "windowsticker" URL to retrieve a windows sticker PDF file. From this PDF file I am able to retrieve all of the trim/color information for the Telluride including dealer address, exterior color, interior color, prestige package and towing package.

All of this data is then written to a small SQLite database in which I can query all of the information that I need.

As of 2019/06/17, here is the complete rundown of the trim/color combinations for the Telluride:

The most produced color: Ebony Black (4724)
The most produced trim: S FWD (5354)
FWD vs AWD: 49.5% vs 50.5%

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Do you have a breakdown of US, Canadian, Middle East?
I am from Canada and I don't have the breakdown for Canada. My original plan was to 'scrape' this information for Canada but I did not find an API or URL to retrieve the VIN sticker for Canadian Tellurides. If anyone knows of an API or URL to retrieve VIN sticker for Canada, please let me know.

During that same period, I do know that 3397 Tellurides have a none US VIN windows sticker. That means 12% for Canada and the Middle East and 88% for the US.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jdrn21

Reaction score
Have written a small computer application that generates valid Telluride VINs and then calls the Kia "windowsticker" URL to retrieve a windows sticker PDF file. From this PDF file I am able to retrieve all of the trim/color information for the Telluride including dealer address, exterior color, interior color, prestige package and towing package.

All of this data is then written to a small SQLite database in which I can query all of the information that I need.

As of 2019/06/17, here is the complete rundown of the trim/color combinations for the Telluride:

View attachment 1772
Very nice work. Cool info!!!

kmkia

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I have ordered a SX FWD w/o tow package Snow White with espresso brown on 4/30 and still no word. This shows out of 25K made, KIA has produced a total of 9 with my requirements, which may or may not be US Versions. So there is that.
As to your info, it is awesome. Thanks so much

Frankenmoose

Reaction score

View attachment 1772
It looks like Snow Pearl White was the most produced color with 6637. Am I missing something or did I misread data?

Thank you for putting this together!

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I have ordered a SX FWD w/o tow package Snow White with espresso brown on 4/30 and still no word. This shows out of 25K made, KIA has produced a total of 9 with my requirements, which may or may not be US Versions. So there is that.
As to your info, it is awesome. Thanks so much
That chart is for US versions produce models. So the 9 sample produced according to your specs should be valid.

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Did you choose to only do the interior color options listed? For instance I see no butterscotch interiors in your chart.
Do you have a valid VIN for the butterscotch interior so that I can validate that the window sticker has that information ?

Or you can use the following URL with your botterscotch interior VIN and see for yourself if the interior is specified as butterscotch (you just need to replace the end with your VIN):

https://www.kia.com/us/en/data/dealerinventory/windowsticker/5XYP5DHCXLG001001

Rondakay

Reaction score

View attachment 1772
Excellent job!

Jdgate

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Do you have a valid VIN for the butterscotch interior so that I can validate that the window sticker has that information ?

Or you can use the following URL with your botterscotch interior VIN and see for yourself if the interior is specified as butterscotch (you just need to replace the end with your VIN):

https://www.kia.com/us/en/data/dealerinventory/windowsticker/5XYP5DHCXLG001001
I have not received it yet, however another person here has received the same Dark Moss SX AWD butterscotch and posted pictures so I know a VIN exists for at least one, LOL. I will see if he can give you a vin.

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am from Canada and I don't have the breakdown for Canada. My original plan was to 'scrape' this information for Canada but I did not find an API or URL to retrieve the VIN sticker for Canadian Tellurides. If anyone knows of an API or URL to retrieve VIN sticker for Canada, please let me know.

During that same period, I do know that 3397 Tellurides have a none US VIN windows sticker. That means 12% for Canada and the Middle East and 88% for the US.
Great job with the data. It appears the tool does not capture the Dune Brown interior because the window sticker lists that interior color as black in that field. The Dune Brown color is only listed in the options field.[/QUOTE]

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Great job with the data. It appears the tool does not capture the Dune Brown interior because the window sticker lists that interior color as black in that field. The Dune Brown color is only listed in the options field.
[/QUOTE]

Can you give me the VIN number (or at least the last 5 digits of the serial number from the VIN) for the dune brown interior so that I can modify my application to capture correctly the dune brown and butterscotch interior colors.

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Can you give me the VIN number (or at least the last 5 digits of the serial number from the VIN) for the dune brown interior so that I can modify my application to capture correctly the dune brown and butterscotch interior colors.
[/QUOTE]
Just sent you a PM

DRK

Reaction score
As someone mentioned above, I believe the interior color is the dashboard color, not seat color. There are only three interior colors; Black, Gray and Espresso Brown.
I own a SX/Butterscotch. The window sticker for mine says "INTERIOR COLOR: BLACK" at the top-left corner. And, Butterscotch seat is marked in the middle column in the sticker.

tellurride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I can see that I have made a mistake in ordering the Black Copper... so low production.

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
As someone mentioned above, I believe the interior color is the dashboard color, not seat color. There are only three interior colors; Black, Gray and Espresso Brown.
I own a SX/Butterscotch. The window sticker for mine says "INTERIOR COLOR: BLACK" at the top-left corner. And, Butterscotch seat is marked in the middle column in the sticker.
I know about this problem. On the VIN window sticker, the interior color is marked as BLACK but elsewhere it says "butterscotch" in your case or 'dune brown' for others.

I will need to correct this in my application and then 'rescan' all SX VINs to update the interior color in my database and then republish a new chart with the updated interior colors.

DRK

Reaction score
I know about this problem. On the VIN window sticker, the interior color is marked as BLACK but elsewhere it says "butterscotch" in your case or 'dune brown' for others.

I will need to correct this in my application and then 'rescan' all SX VINs to update the interior color in my database and then republish a new chart with the updated interior colors.
Thank you for your efforts

515EX

Reaction score
This is very impressive! Great work!