No soliciting permitted.

Kia Telluride Vs GV80

jdaake07

Reaction score
This is all speculation but I’d have to assume that yes it will cost more than an SXP. My frame of reference is the G80 pricing which is around $46K base with AWD.

I’d expect at least a 10-20% premium for the SUV so maybe around $50-54K with AWD. That’d still squeeze it in less than an X5, GLE, XC90, and Q7.

With SX and SX-Ps leasing in the $600-$650 range, I’ll be interested to see where GV80s fall. X5s, GLE350s, and Q7s can be had for <$750. XC90s can be under easily under $600/mo. If they want to move units, they need more attractive leases than what Genesis has had the past couple of years.

kane

Reaction score
Looks awesome..better than Bentley Bentayga from rear.
Front looks dominating. X7 watch out...its GV80

Average Joe

Reaction score
Sounds like the GV70 won’t be too far behind, and if it ends up with a 42K price point, things should get interesting:

GV80 starting at 50K will also make things very interesting:

Last edited:

jw_tx21

SUSTAINING MEMBER
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sounds like the GV70 won’t be too far behind, and it ends up with a 42K price point, things should get interesting:

GV80 starting at 50K will also make things very interesting:

Yep!

Average Joe

Reaction score
Here we go. Finally revealed! Looks close to the concept in these shots!

Tobstertx3

Reaction score
I like it. Looking forward to more info on release date.

kane

Reaction score
Here we go. Finally revealed! Looks close to the concept in these shots!

Wow thanks for the great information 👍🏻👍🏻

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Average Joe

Reaction score
Looks like 65K for base 3.0 diesel in Korea, which would be the equivalent of 56K USD. That said, don’t think the 3.0 diesel will be an option in the US.

jw_tx21

SUSTAINING MEMBER
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks like 65K for base 3.0 diesel in Korea, which would be the equivalent of 56K USD. That said, don’t think the 3.0 diesel will be an option in the US.
You mean 65 Mn Won... but yeah, I doubt they will bring over that diesel. Looks like a nice vehicle... smaller than Palisade - but lots of similarities to limited trim.

zhelder

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
How did they mess this one up? The triangle C-Pillar windows and sloping roof line kill what could have been a very nice (not quite Telluride nice, but nice) looking car. Even the Palisade looks nicer. The interior is a lot better, but not a huge jump from the Telluride/Palisade. And Car & Driver is delusional if they think it's gonna be $60,000 optioned out. More like 70. Oh, and a third row is an option.

Looks like I'm still planning the road trip to Muncie later in the year! Team Telluride All the Way!!!

Average Joe

Reaction score
From Yahoo:

“Pricing is yet to be announced, but we’d wager that the GV80 will begin where its corporate brethren, the Kia Telluride and Hyundai Palisade, leave off. So, count on a starting price just below $50,000 and a fully loaded price of just over $60,000 when the GV80 arrives later this year as a 2021 model. One more bet: We'd wager that the GV80 will outsell Genesis’ entire sedan lineup in less than a year.”

zhelder

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
From Yahoo:

“Pricing is yet to be announced, but we’d wager that the GV80 will begin where its corporate brethren, the Kia Telluride and Hyundai Palisade, leave off. So, count on a starting price just below $50,000 and a fully loaded price of just over $60,000 when the GV80 arrives later this year as a 2021 model. One more bet: We'd wager that the GV80 will outsell Genesis’ entire sedan lineup in less than a year.”
Genesis has a GV80 configurator on their Korean website. I don’t speak or read Korean, but it’s easy enough to play with:

GV80 Configurator

Cheapest model is 65,800,000 won ($56,851.07). Fully tricked out, it’s 79,700,000 won ($68,860.65). Maybe the base model gets a bit cheaper in the US with a 4 cyl. engine, but it’s still likely to be above $50,000. And I’m thinking a tricked out model will be just shy of $70,000 in the US.

Where the heck did they come up with a $60,000 “fully loaded“ price?