Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

KIA Telluride Warranty Information

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Industry-leading Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program

The Kia 10-year/100,000 mile warranty program consists of:
  • 10-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty
  • 5-year/60,000 mile limited basic warranty
  • 5-year/100,000 mile limited anti-perforation warranty
  • 5-year/60,000 mile roadside assistance plan

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The way it was explained to me is that the electronics are only covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles. This was one of the reasons I opted for the extended warranty which cost me $1500 for 10 years / 100K miles, which give me bumper to bumper with a $100 deductible. They started at $2500 for the coverage and I was like no until I got to a price I thought was reasonable. Might could have gotten it cheaper but I am ok with the cost vs piece of mind.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The way it was explained to me is that the electronics are only covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles. This was one of the reasons I opted for the extended warranty which cost me $1500 for 10 years / 100K miles, which give me bumper to bumper with a $100 deductible. They started at $2500 for the coverage and I was like no until I got to a price I thought was reasonable. Might could have gotten it cheaper but I am ok with the cost vs piece of mind.
I did the same on my Stinger , I know from my BMW ownership experiences that extra coverage really can pay off !!

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
A good question is can you buy this extended coverage off the internet from ANY dealer in the country? If it's Kia sponsored it will be valid nationwide...... In many cases, other high volume dealerships will sell this extended coverage with little markup to anyone whether they bought from them or not..., over the internet and knock the socks off of a local dealer. These dealers will come to light pretty quickly as they gain fame on Forums like this and will get a lot of business for just having someone man a phone line.... Worth investigation...

skrub67

Reaction score
We just picked up our Telluride on the 25 of Sept, after ordering it in July. So far we are very pleased.

The warranty came up during paper signing (of course trying to sell extras). As they explained it, I was a little upset about the original “bumper to bumper” NOT being a full bumper to bumper. It’s a comprehensive bumper to bumper.

I told them they weren’t really upfront about this when working the purchase and that I had even mentioned bumper to bumper warranties from other manufacturers and how awesome it was for Kia to offer something even better. At no time during the purchase process did anyone mention Kia’s being “comprehensive”. I know all manufactures will try and not cover something at one time or another but I have had pretty good luck with previous bumper to bumper warranties covering anything that came up.

I felt like a fool for not reading up on the warranty before we purchased. I took for granted it was what I was used to. With all of the electronics and being a new platform, I opted for the additional coverage for the electronics. After doing a quick search online, it appeared to be competitive with the few others offered that I found.

Deb

Reaction score
Im getting ready to final purchase my Telluride EX.. today the extended warranties make my head spin (similar to the exorcist movies :) ) Anyway Has anyone had any experience with Perma Plate?? Just curious. Im disappointed in the 3/36000 for the electronics/audio stuff on the Telluride. Dealership here offers lifetime drivetrain, transmission, engine coverage. I never bought extended warranties on my Ford explorer XLT I had years ago and didnt buy any extended on my hondas I owned.. But I guess the electronic suite on this thing scares me.. Any thoughts??

BellyTelly

Reaction score
Im getting ready to final purchase my Telluride EX.. today the extended warranties make my head spin (similar to the exorcist movies :) ) Anyway Has anyone had any experience with Perma Plate?? Just curious. Im disappointed in the 3/36000 for the electronics/audio stuff on the Telluride. Dealership here offers lifetime drivetrain, transmission, engine coverage. I never bought extended warranties on my Ford explorer XLT I had years ago and didnt buy any extended on my hondas I owned.. But I guess the electronic suite on this thing scares me.. Any thoughts??
I plan to get the Kia platinum warranty from Kia of Muncie. It’s a 10yr/100k for like $1480. You can get that warranty even if you didn’t purchase there. Hope this helps ya.

JCzoom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This is the first vehicle that i have purchased an extended for. I'm glad I did. Electronics, sun roof, seats, windows, etc.. 10/100,000 bumper to bumper, no deductible. $1600

NREVANS

Reaction score
So for the Extended Warranty, Bumper to bumper: If I purchase from Kia of Muncie, can I get my vehicle worked on anywhere in the country? I live in Florida so won't drive all the way up to Muncie to get it worked on...Thanks in advance for the info.

Deb

Reaction score
This is the first vehicle that i have purchased an extended for. I'm glad I did. Electronics, sun roof, seats, windows, etc.. 10/100,000 bumper to bumper, no deductible. $1600
Dang they are wanting a lot more than that I think it was like 3600..

Deb

Reaction score
I plan to get the Kia platinum warranty from Kia of Muncie. It’s a 10yr/100k for like $1480. You can get that warranty even if you didn’t purchase there. Hope this helps ya.
Awesome do you have to get it serviced there.. I am in Tennessee..

JCzoom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Dang they are wanting a lot more than that I think it was like 3600..
My dealer offered me one for $3800. When i said no way and that people are getting them for $1600, he miraculously found one for $1600 for me.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

CGeorge

Reaction score
Doesn’t the regular warranty coves 10y/ 100k mile power train?

What does the extended warranty cover? I’m more concerned about the electronics coverage. Does the warranty you bought cover that?

BellyTelly

Reaction score
Doesn’t the regular warranty coves 10y/ 100k mile power train?

What does the extended warranty cover? I’m more concerned about the electronics coverage. Does the warranty you bought cover that?
Yes Kia has 100k powertrain from factory.
Yes that’s why I plan on getting the platinum warranty is for electronics. I’m trying to find the pdf Jason put up on this.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The platinum is pretty much making the 5/60K bumper to bumper up to 10/100 also with no deductible. You can have it serviced at any Kia dealer with the warranty, not just where you purchased it at.

BellyTelly

Reaction score
The Extended Vehicle Protection Plan from KIA of Muncie is attached. Please let me know if you can not open the attachment. This is for "Platinum" coverage Only. We have included a 1-800 Number for those of you that have specific questions regarding what is covered or what not might be covered. Please let the consultant you are speaking with know that you are working with "KIA of Muncie" If I can do anything further please do not hesitate to contact me by email. Thank You for considering KIA of Muncie.