No soliciting permitted.

KIA Telluride Warranty Information

skuzuker28

Reaction score
Not that I don't plan on keeping my Telluride for a long time once it gets here, but are the extended warranties transferrable?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Lith_SXPN

Reaction score
Not that I don't plan on keeping my Telluride for a long time once it gets here, but are the extended warranties transferrable?
Yes, I thought I read that in the fine print. Had to dig through to find it.
Someone posted the PDF version of it here. Page 3 of the contract states:
TRANSFER: YOU may transfer this Service Contract to another owner, but not to another vehicle. To transfer this Service Contract, YOU must mail the following three (3) items to FWS within thirty (30) days of transfer of vehicle ownership: (1) a completed Transfer Form (or a letter containing the name and address of the new owner and YOUR authorization to transfer); (2) a legible copy of the front page of this Service Contract; and (3) a check for $40 payable to FWS, for the transfer fee. This Service Contract may not be transferred to any entity in the business of selling or leasing motor vehicles.

CDS

Reaction score
Thank God for the Forum.... I’m going to pick my car up “touch less” on Wednesday and the finance manager told me if I didn’t sign up for the 10 yr/100K mile/0 deductible for 1,895.00 before the car left the lot.... I said, oh, I thought you have 5K with the Kia Platnium plan. He said he doesn’t know anything about that program and they use Easycare warranty. Just to confirm, ALL authorized Kia service department will take this Platinum program by Kia. I’m concerned if my dealership doesn’t offer that one or know about it.... Anyone have any thoughts?? Thanks!!

Chip

Reaction score
Thank God for the Forum.... I’m going to pick my car up “touch less” on Wednesday and the finance manager told me if I didn’t sign up for the 10 yr/100K mile/0 deductible for 1,895.00 before the car left the lot.... I said, oh, I thought you have 5K with the Kia Platnium plan. He said he doesn’t know anything about that program and they use Easycare warranty. Just to confirm, ALL authorized Kia service department will take this Platinum program by Kia. I’m concerned if my dealership doesn’t offer that one or know about it.... Anyone have any thoughts?? Thanks!!
Yes they will take the KIA Factory Service Contract underwritten by Fidelity JMA. The one the dealer is selling is a self insured product where the dealer makes more profit from.

rbfromma

Reaction score

If I recall correctly, there was someone further up in this thread that called the company that backs the platinum warranty (Fidelity) and confirmed with them that their local dealer was on the list of those that accept it. This may be the best way to ensure.

CDS

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, there was someone further up in this thread that called the company that backs the platinum warranty (Fidelity) and confirmed with them that their local dealer was on the list of those that accept it. This may be the best way to ensure.
I will indeed do that!! Thank you both for your reply. Happy Thanksgiving!!!