No soliciting permitted.

Klexus Badges on 2021 EX

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score

jspann23

Reaction score
Just switched the badges on my new EX-P. I'm happy with the way they look. For anyone who might be wondering, the procedure for removing the old KIA badges on a 2021 is the same as is described in the "How-To" instructional videos. It was relatively easy to do, except for removing the KIA emblem from the front grill bracket.
View attachment 9548 View attachment 9549 View attachment 9550
What did you do with the front? I see there is no mounting place as in precious models?

cvlwrnut

Reaction score
What did you do with the front? I see there is no mounting place as in precious models?
Actually, the procedure for the front badge is the same as with the 2020 model. To tell the truth, I stopped at a local body shop and asked a tech to remove it for me, so I didn't damage it. He did so easily, and refused to accept any payment! I then changed the badge, and reinserted the "holding bracket" into the grill. Was an easy process.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jspann23

Reaction score
Actually, the procedure for the front badge is the same as with the 2020 model. To tell the truth, I stopped at a local body shop and asked a tech to remove it for me, so I didn't damage it. He did so easily, and refused to accept any payment! I then changed the badge, and reinserted the "holding bracket" into the grill. Was an easy process.
Thanks for the info. My model is the 2021 LX. It doesn’t seem to have the same mounting plate as the EX and other trim models. It looks as if the Kia badge is snapped directly into the grill rather than a mounting plate. By putting my fingers through the grill I can feel the backside and it appears that the badge is snapped directly to the grill itself in the same way it is to the plate. Seeing how others removed the badge to the plate it appears this would be virtually impossible without access to the backside of the grill...which is almost non existent.

I do believe I can pry the badge far enough out to use a dremel miltimax tool and just cut the plastic brackets from the backside of the badge itself, between it and the grill.

the original Kia badge would be ruined-ish but it shouldn’t do any damage to the grill itself and I’m guessing I could smooth out the original Kia badge and attach some 3M tape if I ever wanted to revert back to it.

cvlwrnut

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. My model is the 2021 LX. It doesn’t seem to have the same mounting plate as the EX and other trim models. It looks as if the Kia badge is snapped directly into the grill rather than a mounting plate. By putting my fingers through the grill I can feel the backside and it appears that the badge is snapped directly to the grill itself in the same way it is to the plate. Seeing how others removed the badge to the plate it appears this would be virtually impossible without access to the backside of the grill...which is almost non existent.

I do believe I can pry the badge far enough out to use a dremel miltimax tool and just cut the plastic brackets from the backside of the badge itself, between it and the grill.

the original Kia badge would be ruined-ish but it shouldn’t do any damage to the grill itself and I’m guessing I could smooth out the original Kia badge and attach some 3M tape if I ever wanted to revert back to it.
That's weird that the LX would have a different configuration from the EX; but who knows? The mounting plate on my EX snaps into the grill, as you described, and the body-shop guy managed to snap it out of the grill for me to change the badges. It easily snapped back in when I was finished.
In any case, good luck with the process!