No soliciting permitted.

LCD instrument cluster black

JenniferLB1108

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a completely black and blank LCD instrument cluster next to the odometer? I just bought my car on Saturday and it is the 2022 and every time I turn on the car now the instrument cluster LCD monitor fails to come on. Even when I click on the menu button from the steering wheel, nothing happens. Yesterday, I was able to turn the car off and turn it back on to reset, but now it doesn’t matter what I do, it still doesn’t show up. I have a service appointment tomorrow, but I’m just curious if this is something anyone else has experienced and what the issue ended up being.

Tellu-ride

Reaction score
Same issue. Picked our 2022 up Wednesday. When we start the car it runs the system check and then blank. This has happened twice now and we’ve only had the car for four days. We have tried turning the car off, locking the doors, Etc. We are waiting on our salesman to call us back.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Ooglesmorf300

Reaction score
Same issue here. Just bought a 2022 last week! Stopped for a soda 5 miles from leaving the dealership and the cluster went black. When starting the car the system check video runs, then the screen just goes blank. Went back to the dealer and the screen worked when I turned the car on. He said to give him a call if it happens again. Well, just happened again this morning! Not very happy this issue is happening on a brand new car! Already hard rebooted the infotainment system. Hopefully someone can figure out this gremlin soon!

adventurecapitalist

Reaction score
Anyone heard any resolution/update on this issue? Picked up a 2022 tonight and 4 hours later, I noticed the LCD was black. Same issue it seems like — car system check runs but then goes dark. Found this thread and it sounded like the exact same thing

Bobbo

Reaction score
Exact same issue here. Drove it (2022 S) off the lot today and cluster went black. Stopped the car, got out, locked the door. Unlocked it and restarted car, has worked the rest of the day. No reply from the dealer yet.

Bearicus23

Reaction score

I found someone filmed it. Lights seems flickering or maybe its just the framerate.

cmobley

Reaction score
We must be the lucky ones, just hit 1k miles on our 22 SX, no screen issues at all. Maybe start listing models, I wonder if it’s a trim specific issue?

arattle

Solutions
Reaction score
We must be the lucky ones, just hit 1k miles on our 22 SX, no screen issues at all. Maybe start listing models, I wonder if it’s a trim specific issue?
If it's the LCD cluster in the instrument panel, SX does have a different one from the rest of the models. I'm kind of alarmed at this number of new 2022 cars with this issue already. Is it possible the cluster is dimmed all the way down and after initial self-check does not light up?

Bobbo

Reaction score
If it's the LCD cluster in the instrument panel, SX does have a different one from the rest of the models. I'm kind of alarmed at this number of new 2022 cars with this issue already. Is it possible the cluster is dimmed all the way down and after initial self-check does not light up?
Not a dimming problem. The self check shows up. I tried turning up the dimming full to no avail. "S" trim level

Ooglesmorf300

Reaction score
I have an EX-P. Maybe an issue with the smaller screen size?

Agree with @Bobbo - not a dimming issue.

tellmont

Reaction score
Those experiencing the issue: is it the same as in the YouTube video @Bearicus23 posted (post #7)? That person said they had the panel replaced and the issue is now fixed. However the service center needed to see it in person to agree to fixing it.

Ooglesmorf300

Reaction score
Those experiencing the issue: is it the same as in the YouTube video @Bearicus23 posted (post #7)? That person said they had the panel replaced and the issue is now fixed. However the service center needed to see it in person to agree to fixing it.
My issue is not the same as the video @Bearicus23 posted. No issue with the whole dashboard flashing or the gauges jumping.

On startup the system check video runs on the instrument LCD screen then the screen goes black. The rest of the dashboard is working normally.

Is this the fix? Need to get the LCD screen replaced? Problem is the issue is intermittent, and the dealer I purchased from is a 1.5 hour drive from my house. I will get a video next time it happens to post / show the dealer.

cfm56doc

Reaction score
My issue is not the same as the video @Bearicus23 posted. No issue with the whole dashboard flashing or the gauges jumping.

On startup the system check video runs on the instrument LCD screen then the screen goes black. The rest of the dashboard is working normally.

Our 22 did this exact same thing on the third day of ownership (only once so far). I shut off the engine, went into a store, came back out after about 5 minutes, restarted the Telly, and it has been fine since.

I personally do not believe this is a screen issue as the screen works fine for the systems check. I believe this is either a software issue or a loose connector somewhere.

nicks720

Reaction score
Same issue here, just bought a 2022 EX on Wednesday. On Thursday morning the screen went black after system check. I was able to "fix" the issue by pushing a pin into the reset button (next to the volume knob), but now on Friday the screen went black again.

Gkim14

Reaction score
Same issue here, just bought a 2022 EX on Wednesday. On Thursday morning the screen went black after system check. I was able to "fix" the issue by pushing a pin into the reset button (next to the volume knob), but now on Friday the screen went black again.
I just purchased my 2022 S trim yesterday and after driving it home and to dinner no issues. But later that evening I turned on the car and had the same issue with my LCD. Even trying to push the buttons on the steering wheel didn’t change the black screen. Went to check again this morning and it’s working again…

Summer15d

Reaction score
Mine is also doing this. Bought a 22 two weeks ago and it has done it about 6 times. Is this getting fixed under warranty does anyone know ?

arattle

Solutions
Reaction score
Mine is also doing this. Bought a 22 two weeks ago and it has done it about 6 times. Is this getting fixed under warranty does anyone know ?
This is nuts. Are they skipping a couple of semiconductor chips in the LCD assembly to keep cranking out Tellurides? This is at least 20 reports in the past two weeks just on this forum.

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners